How much do you truly believe you would enjoy living in a perfect world? Paradise...

by stillstuckcruz 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stillstuckcruz
    stillstuckcruz

What sort of conversations could you have in a perfect world? I have a hard enough time creating conversation in THIS world. When I need a conversation topic, I might mention a news story, or some problem such as the price of gas. I may mention that I'm tired from working many hours the previous week. All in all, I think many of us have to admit that much of our conversations relate somehow to the world and man's imperfections. But in a perfect world, nothing bad would happen. What would you talk about? I'm sure after 1000 years....or 100,000, or a million, I would get tired of trying to think of conversations with the same people, even if I met many new ones. Of course many witnesses would argue that in the new system, you would be using 100% of your brain rather than the 2% we are currently using. Correct me if I am wrong, but hasn't it been proven that we DO, in fact, use 100% of our brains but different portions are used for different activities?

FEEL FREE TO ADD YOUR OWN GRIPES,THOUGHT,COMMENTS, ETC...

• fade_away
    fade_away

Yeah, conversations for me are about world events, an upcoming movie, and upcoming videogame, an upcoming concert, somewhat crude humor that a JW wouldn't understand or approve of, and the main topic recently with my fellow "apostate" wife about the borg and all the drama of us being out. I can't remember the last time I talked about sunshine and rainbows. Yet in the paradise I guess sunshine and rainbows will be the only topic. It will be "Jehovah this" and "Jehovah that". Even the Bible will become kinda pointless in the new world. Every prophesy has been fullfilled and there's no need for the Bible anymore. We will say "Jehovah is great" over and over again for all eternity as the only means of comunication I guess.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

The Witnesses paradise would have me doing anything, including prostitution, to go to hell. Cool people will be in hell. Oh, there is no hell. Hell, figuratively. This was an obsession for me during junior high school. The Cold War made a nuclear holocaust a possibility every second. Propaganda convicned me it was a realtiy every second. After all these years, I still believed that if the Soviets did not back down, total war would break out. Death was ever present. It was very different than today. I was taught you were never good enough for the Witnesses whatever you did. My father, a Bethelite, lingered between going and not going. We were never accepted. Our KH was hell. My other JW relatives had other KHs and it was not fun but tolerable.

Walking to and from school, I fretted that every person I cared about would perish at Armageddon, including me. My meek, perfect JW relatives were so faithful but always felt they could not pass judgment. There is a word for this. Anomie. more descriptive words come to mind. the 20th century, in general, fostered these feelings. I slowly made peace with nuclear war and Armageddon. Nothing I can do about it. Enjoy now.

During this time, the WT became very descriptive what the Great Crowd would do in paradise. Cleaning up all the bodies. We would live in hovels. Armageddon would make a nuclear holocaust seem like a garden party.

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

I was thinking this only the other day.

Lets take popular conversation starters:

How are you? (never need to ask that in the new system!)

Its nice today isn't it? (It will always be nice)

Have you heard the latest... ( gossipers will be struck dead!)

• stillstuckcruz
    stillstuckcruz

Lets take popular conversation starters:

How are you? (never need to ask that in the new system!)

Its nice today isn't it? (It will always be nice)

Have you heard the latest... ( gossipers will be struck dead!)

LOL! Very true. No sense in asking how anything would be really. It would all be wonderful. One day, I would like to have a conversation with a brother or sister using only phrases that could be said in Paradise. I'm sure we would grow tired VERY quickly.

• bob1999
    bob1999

If you go to Paradise you will be feed, in full measure, from the tree of Life by Christ.

I don't think you will have any trouble making conversation.

Peace

• cheerios
    cheerios

typical witness in paradise conversation starter: wanna pet my lion?

• yknot
    yknot

LOL.... I wasn't planning on talking a whole lot after my few hundred years of resurrection assistant duties....

I was just going to kick back and learn everything I ever wanted to learn.......

Pretty sure most of us born/early raised can live in our heads for a longtime due to the forced social isolation of being a JW....

• wasblind
    wasblind

The first thing I would ask is,

Where's the Beef ????? how come Jehovah gave noah

permission to use animals for food as well as the vegetation

it is very clear that Jehovah still gave us access to the vegetation

in what is now paradise, somebody explain to me why we can't

eat meat any more, all through out the bible folks enjoyin' sinkin'

their teeth into a good hunk of meat. How come we can't eat meat

in paradise, and tell me exactly the reasons Jehovah don't want us

eatin' what he freely gave us in the time of Noah.

Perfect world my foot, I'm gonna raise hell in paradise, if the only

thing I'll be served is some darn fruit

Poor Outlaw, all he would be able to do is pet chickens in paradise

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

I would raise an army for the 1,000 year battle.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit