For Those Who Went: How "Special" Was Sunday's "Special Talk?"

by Room 215 40 Replies latest jw friends

• truthlover
  • truthlover
  • RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Ok all you haters I thought the Special Talk was awesome the best I ever heard! But it depends on who gives it-- DUHHHHHHHHH!!! Don't you know anything you apostate haters????? That's why ur in dark-ness!!!!!

Also, each year the special talk is added into the regular public talk rotation and is no longer considered special. This part is true. Does anybody know the talk number of this one? I have *almost* all of them in PDF...some people collect hummels what a waste of time...

• yknot
    yknot

lol Ray...

This years SP Talk is numbered #76, it replaces the 'Jealousy' outline....

So what numbers are you missing.......maybe a lil Sister can help you out!

• Intel
    Intel

Ray, totally true. I asked once a "higher up" from the Service Department and he shrugged his shoulders and said "it is a nice way to introduce new talk outlines to the existing sortiment" (not the exact sentence, but you get the idea).

It is special in he sense of: "oh, we are out of cornflakes, lets refill the box already".

If you think scratching your nose (or balls) for 40 minutes is special than you missed a great opportunity in 2011!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    1. life today is full of lots and lots of problems
    2. These problems are really bad
    3. All you gotta do is turn on the news and . . .
    4. By the way, did I mention gas prices
    5. Problems, problems, problems. . . problems. . . . look at all these problems
    6. Don't you wanna get rid of all these problems? (yeah!!!)
    7. scripture, scripture, jesus, bible, jesus, scripture, join our cult, jesus, scripture. . . .

Isn't this the society's standard outline for "special" talks? It sounds like the same one I heard about 20 times in 20 years.

W

• Mary
    Mary
    1. life today is full of lots and lots of problems
    2. These problems are really bad
    3. All you gotta do is turn on the news and . . .
    4. By the way, did I mention gas prices
    5. Problems, problems, problems. . . problems. . . . look at all these problems
    6. Don't you wanna get rid of all these problems? (yeah!!!)
    7. scripture, scripture, jesus, bible, jesus, scripture, join our cult, jesus, scripture. . . .

Wow! You mean they actually mentioned Jesus? That's a switch........

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

@YKNOT - Duhh #76 I read that a month or two ago and forgot it. So much information, lol. I have up to 178 plus funeral, memorial, marriage, etc. I could zip and send you a link to the lot of them but I bet you have most of these. Lemme know or email me at raypublisher<at>gmail<dot>com.

@INTEL - Yep. My suggestion several years ago to a few "higher-ups" was that we start phasing out the old PT outlines, like remove 1-10 this year, 11-20 next year, etc for a few years and clear out some of the old ones that we have heard LITERALLY a hundred times. Especially "Godly view of sex and marriage" that can be the worst in the hands of the wrong speaker...

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Wow! You mean they actually mentioned Jesus? That's a switch........

If they mention Jesus once a month they get to call themselves Christians.

W

• godrulz
    godrulz

When I was a pastor, I waited on God for direction and did my own exegesis/application of Scripture so that it would be relevant to where the church/individuals were at at the time. This could be adapted to current events, local situations/circumstances, etc. This was Paul's approach when he visited churches or wrote letters to specific congregations/believers/issues (e.g. Corinthians is issue literature with principles that apply to all believers). Churches/pastors around the world do this without getting pat teachings for uniformity. We can have a fresh, timely exposition of Scripture and do systematic teaching. We do not have to be puppets for a dictatorship (if they are wrong, then so is everyone else). The Bible emphasizes Scripture, local churches, local leadership. This is a check/balance against autocratic organizations starting or error being circulated like a virus. It does have some risk that an individual could go rogue, but the damage would be contained and the Holy Spirit would eventually lead back into truth (if the people are responsive and diligent). The WT model is not biblical, but flawed (uniformity is like McDonald's vs biblical unity/diversity).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit