My Experience as JW

by umadevi 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Speaking as somebody whose whole life has been totally messed up by following an elder's instructions to "find another job":

- don't, don't, don't take any notice of this jerk, or those like him!

As other posters have already stated, neither he nor anybody else is going to pay your bills for you, and your first concern is the welfare of your child.

Unfortunately, your experience is all too typical of those becoming involved with any cult:

- You first go through the "Lovebombing" phase, in which everyone appears to be very loving, helpful and understanding.

- Once, though, they feel that they have got you sufficiently snared, they start to reveal their true colors. In the case of the JWs, this includes their applying pressure on you to become an unpaid distributor of Watchtower literature.

Stevenson, in his 1967 book 1975 - Year of Doom? , stated "No other religious group would demand so much from its members, in return for so little." Many - even the majority - of us on this site found out the hard way that Stevenson's observations are all too true.

With this in mind, you might well want to consider whether any further involvement with them is wise!

Bill.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

WELCOME UMADEVI !

We all know what you mean, I used to be one of those elders although I hope that I never said such silly and thoughtless things. I used to wince sometimes at things that other elders used to say. An elder has the opportunity to say what he likes with hardly any come back on him....Take no notice . Just continue doing what you think is best. - and keep reading and posting here , we want to hear from you......

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Your options: Heed the counsel. You will have to quit your job. Chances are dismal that you will find another decent one (and I define "decent" as one you are able to perform, and will support your reasonable needs). You might find part time work, but that will not support you. You will then be a burden on everyone else. Plus, your expenses will go up because, to pio-sneer, you need to waste more gas. It also wastes gas to be at the Kingdumb Hell every time there is a boasting session.

Or, you can simply continue working full time. Keep missing those boasting sessions. Keep your field circus right where it is, or lower. Do not waste more money on gas for this. When hyperinflation hits, you will at least still have a job (it pays little, but little is better than nothing). When the hounders have absolutely nothing because of hyperinflation, they will be hitting you up for goods. Do not let them have any. And, if you really wish to play with their minds and you can afford it, start collecting those silver rounds. As many as you can afford--those hold their value when the dollar becomes toilet paper. You will then be in a much better position to get along when hyperinflation hits. And you will not be wasting money on gas.

One experiment: Try saving all the money you would be wasting on gas, suit dry cleanings, and fast, good-tasting poison and buying silver with it. You will be amazed at how much you are really wasting if you pio-sneer. And, once hyperinflation renders your dollar worthless, they will be the ones regretting that they wasted all that wealth on gas and suit dry cleanings instead of investment silver.

• reds
    reds

welcome! Where in the Bible does it say you have to go out in service weekly or attend meetings? Not the principle, the scripture. I was out of work for a year because I refused to work on meeting nights. My husband turned down an opportunity to a dvance because it would interfere with meetings. We have faded about a year and a half now. No one in "Gods Org" stepped up to pay the bills. Keep your job and cite working to take care of your family as your reason for missing meetings. They will eventually leave you alone. Please don't leave your job! If you can get to a library, get the books can't leave listed. I think Don Cameron's book is titled "Captives of a Concept". It's at the library. Crisis of Conscience I couldn't get at the library, had to buy it. All the best to you, keep us posted.

• the_raisin
    the_raisin

Aww man, wish I could put up a fancy picture to try to commend you to go on. I really really really wish you the best, and as you know, we are all here to help you along the way. I barely joined too, and trust me, you will not find a more suportive, loving community such as this. I really mean it, these guys on this forum, they're SUPER AWESOME.

Welcome!!! Sending you lotsa lotsa love!!!

• umadevi
    umadevi

Thank you for all your comforting words and support. I have been actively reading some of the topics on this site and I am beginning to realize that WTS is indeed controlling my mind and my life!

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

A warm welcome, Umadevi!

I'm a non-jw (failed to progress at "bible study", so now bad association). I also raised my two as a single parent.

Any God that may exist and love us, would know that caring for and providing for your son is the best and most important thing you can do.

Read on here, read the books suggested and have a look at jwfacts; then make up your own mind! It's important, more especially for your son's future!

Best wishes always, Retro

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hello and welcome to the forum. Its a good place to be. The Org appears to have completely forgotten the scripture "God loves a cheerful giver" and they continue to remove all joy from loving a creator.

Loz x

• godrulz
    godrulz

The Watchtower will make you a slave to a harsh, manmade organization. It puts your life at risk (blood transfusions), destroys families (disfellowshipping/shunning), robs you of eternal life by following the true Christ (Jn. 14:6; Acts 4:12), etc. Abundant and eternal life is found in Jesus as Yahweh, not in a fallible, cultic organization. Flee it and run to Him or expect more stress and ruination. Your gut and the Holy Spirit is leading you right, while they are just seeking to turn you into a productive drone.

• tracylee
    tracylee

Welcome!

My mother was a single mom of 4 kids. She missed a lot of meetings and field service because she was working at least 2 jobs at any given point.

She was told by an Elder (and several "caring" sisters) to just QUIT working and get on welfare so that she could devote her time to more field service and not miss meetings anymore. That's right, the WTS wanted all the taxpayers to pick up the tab for her AND her 4 children, so she can go be an unpaid employee of the WTS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit