Were There/Are There A Number Of Gays At Bethel?

by minimus 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Balaamsass2
  • BucketShopBill
    BucketShopBill

The Elder in our Kingdom Hall got expelled from Bethel for beating up homosexuals in New York. He later claimed some of the Bethelites made sexual advances towards him, he beat them up too.

What James Wood said is true, that's about the time this Elder got in trouble for beating up several Bethel Elders because they said they needed to "Suck his "Rooster". Notice he did not get expelled with his first few fights, he told the brothers "gays needed to die!". I think it was 1971-1976 he was at Bethel, soon returned home with a glowing report even though he was kicked out!

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

LOL I had an uncle at Bethel in the 40s who complained about constantly getting hit on by Bethel gays. GB Chitty hit on me during the 70s.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

From what I've heard, the WT heirarchy has never been able to really get rid of the "gay underground" at Bethel.

• metatron
    metatron

I think the gay purge back in the '60's may have been a bit of a witch hunt. You had brothers rubbing each others backs and feeling good and getting accused. I later heard that some of the expulsions were regretted.

metatron

• minimus
    minimus

I knew of gay (looking) men at the house of God. If they weren't gay neither was Rock Hudson.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit