It's Friday! Let's Drink Some Whisk(e)y!! (Responsibly, Of Course)

by Low-Key Lysmith 121 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

We have a couple of specialty stores here. If I wanted to try a Japanese single malt, would it break the bank? As you're probably aware, prices here are much higher than in the US. Would it be worth the cost to give it a try, when one is on a limited budget? I do favour the smoky taste of Oban, so that might give you an idea of how far I may go to try something different...

On a different path ... hmmm,, maybe I should check with one of the local "scotch" bars, and see what they carry with regards to Japanese ..

t

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

The Japanese stuff tends to be fairly pricey, Tal. I spent well over $100 US for the Yamazaki 18yr. The 12yr is a little less, like $80. They do bottle them in minis, too. Maybe you could find a mini bottle? 50ml?

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

The Japanese one looks interesting to me, too, Tal.

• talesin
    talesin

Oh, darn. I think not. The only 50 ml we have, is more or less the inexpensive stuff, but I'll keep my eyes open.

Besides, I'm hoping that you and the missus will be coming here for the International Highland Games in the future ... it's a yearly tradition, and a few years ago (excuse my ignorance) ,,, we had the "big one" ,,,

in Antigonish --- would you be familiar with that?

Perhaps your company will be sending you here, one of these days. :))

Palm,,, we are definitely gonna share some drinks once I get back to work, 'cause I loved Vegas when I visited, and not gonna let you forget your invite!!! mwah hahahaha!!!

xo

tal

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

" Do you mean a whisky distilled from honey? Or a whisky that has been flavored with honey? There are examples of both."

No idea so I'm gonna have to say both.

• talesin
    talesin

mrsjones,, this bears more research! *hiccup*

t

• Low-Key Lysmith
  • mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Tal, hubby is so up for research.

• talesin
    talesin

If we were closer, I would happily participate!

If my 5 year plan works out, we may all meet at Mr. Flipper's future camp-out.

t

Cheers!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit