Is this normal witness behavior?

by confusedstudent 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Resistance is Futile
    Resistance is Futile

The Watchtower Society has practiced and honed their recruitment tactics for decades. The main reason they aren't upfront about their crazier beliefs to a potential convert is because it would scare them off quickly. So they start subtly, with a friendly Bible(Watchtower Publication) Study. Then they get their hooks in and slowly reel you into the Cult.

Keep posting and reading as much as you can about this group in order to "deprogram" yourself. Going as deep as you did into the recruitment process can be slightly traumatic psychologically.

• crapola
    crapola

Yes I'm afraid it is. My mom always says."how will your kids ever come back to Jehovah if ou don't". What she doesn't realise is that they are the ones that really helped me see the "light". They will never go back and neither will I. And I didn't leave Jehovah, I left an overbearing org.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

The average JWs opinion of who will die at Armageddon is that if you arent a JW you will die. any time they say heart condition they are full of it.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Yes, as many have mentioned it is fairly typical JW behavior.

As a suggestion you may want to let your bible "teacher" know that you have done a lot of research on JWs on the internet and you were really surprised what you found out. Then you look at her with big puppy dog eyes, put your hand on her shoulder and tell her - "you should really look in to it further yourself....things may not always be as they appear {insert her personal name here}.... it never hurts to do a little extra research....I'm genuinely worried about you if you stay in this religion without checking it out. A lot of people are hurt unnecessarily and I know you are a good person and wouldn't want to be a part of an organization that has a very dark side underneath that veneer of kindness and love"

This is your chance to make one poor brainwashed person think a little bit....who knows? maybe you can stir her mind to an awakening. Consider it your good deed of the day.

Cheers,

The Oracle

• sherah
    sherah

Typical JW behavior. Stop reading the emails.

• yknot
    yknot

Yep totally normal behavior.....

Please block their calls and emails.....

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

...an unbelieving spouse can be "sanctified" by his believing mate. And now that I "know the truth" (I had a meeting to become an unbaptized publisher tomorrow so I had been studying for awhile) I am going to have to realize I will be responsible for my husband being destroyed at Armageddon and do I really want that on my conscience?

WTF?

If that is indeed WT doctrine, then I know a "worldly" guy who is being drug to the KH by his witness wife who is trying to convert him in an effort to "save his life at Armageddon" who would be f***ing thrilled to know that he is "sactified" just by remaining married to her. At least he could quit the Sun morning & Wed evening crap. (Course she would still have to go.....)

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

They tried this same trick with my father, but he, too, knew a bit about the bible - from having actually read the thing, NOT the Watchtower!.

He pointed out that one David had committed more than a few gross sins in his time - particularly in regard to a woman named Bathsheeba. Yet David remained, to quote, "The apple of the Lord's eye."

My father reckoned that if David could get away with that, then God was not going to be too hard on our family if he failed to attend the meetings at the Kingdom Hall!

Fifteen years later, somebody likewise threatened my sister with the responsibilty of the lives of her children, after she declined the invitation to attend a special talk at the Kingdom Hall.

My sister, always being one to quickly spot manipulation, promptly told this person what to do!

Much has been said about how religion (even the so-called "Main Stream" ones) uses fear to control people. In my view, the JWs more often resort to using guilt to manipulate people:

- Guilt is more insidious than outright, naked fear; and can easily be hidden behind the seemingly innocent concern for other people's welfare.

- And of what greater concern could there be than the welfare of ones own family?

So yes, in playing the "responsibilty for the lives of your husband / family" card, this lot are - once again - revealing their true colors.

Bill.

• Terra Incognita
    Terra Incognita

Confusedstudent:

No need to be confused about anything. I got df'd decades ago and I can tell you that it's always been the sameYesteryear, today and forever.

I think that I've become immune to their lies; but when I heard about this "husband sanctified" by your being in the religion crap, I became ill. It was a new one on me. Please don't spend any more time than you need to associating with them.

You're in my thoughts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit