Is this normal witness behavior?

by confusedstudent 38 Replies latest jw friends

• confusedstudent
    confusedstudent

I have told them. I haven't answered even one email/call after me telling them I was quitting my study. They wont stop emailing me though. I blocked them and then they got other people to email me who I haven't even met. Other military wives who managed to convert their husbands and get them out of the military telling me it is possible. They don't understand it isn't my husband it is ME who doesn't want to study. I just haven't been answering and have just kept blocking! I don't want to try to argue or explain myself that will just lead to more contact. It's sad they were my friends but now I actually WANT them to leave me alone if all they are going to talk about is Satan influencing me. A few days ago I was worried I would miss them. But not how they are acting now! I'm so glad I live on base. Otherwise I know I would get them stopping by. I was so stupid to accept a study in the first place. Grrrr.... I wish I could go back in time and get the last year of my life back. I probably spent a third of it at meetings and studies so they could show me off the C.O. and random people.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    They had always kind of skirted around the subject of Armageddon in my "studies". Saying that it is all heart condition and only Jehovah can know and basically if you are a good person Jehovah will probably see that and save you. They have really changed their tune now.

This is quite normal witness behavior. They skirt around a lot of issues when they are merely studying with you. They change their tune fast once you are fully indoctrinated. They call this "spiritual warfare".

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I am so glad you posted this thread because it will show forever (or as long as the Internet is on) the M.O. of indoctrinated cultists. It is sad what they tried to do to you and it is even sadder that they are convinced by a manipulating cult that what they are doing is a loving part of Jehovah's arrangement.

• Ashikae
    Ashikae

Yes, it’s perfectly normal behavior if you’re a member of a doomsday cult desperate to recruit new members to replace thousands like me who were raised JW only to quit due to the lies and hypocrisy of the organization and it’s out of touch leaders.

• JonathanH
    JonathanH

Fear and paranoia are one of the strongest tactics of cult groups. According the witnesses the entire world is controlled by invisible evil forces that want nothing more than to see you suffer and die, and they've polluted the minds of every non witness on the planet, and soon very very soon, not sure when but boy is it soon, all the governments of the world will rise up and try to destroy religion, and when the witnesses don't concede the entire planet including all the people you once called friends and family will rise up against you in the great tribulation and they will torture you and murder you and hunt you down and the only way you will be able to withstand this and be safe is to go to their meetings and hand out their literature, and if you don't do this another invisible man in the sky will kill you and your loved ones....soooo....here's your monthly quota, ten hours a month, place these magazines and start some studies!

To any sane rational person this looks like a cult, but to them it's "The Truth".

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

When my mother first saw her great grandson, she said:

he's lovely. Its a shame he's going to die soon!

And then she comlains that they never go to see her.

By the way, her grandson is nearly 10 now.

• Honesty
    Honesty

They had always kind of skirted around the subject of Armageddon in my "studies". Saying that it is all heart condition and only Jehovah can know and basically if you are a good person Jehovah will probably see that and save you. They have really changed their tune now. They were so friendly and sweet. Now that their please please we are praying for you didn't work I guess they are trying a different tactic. It's scary though I was watching CNN tonight and it was talking about wars and earthquakes and I thought to myself "crap, what if they are right and it is the end and I am going to be destroyed soon!?" I can tell it is going to be awhile before I get my thinking back to normal....

Confusedstudent,

Even if armageddon is today, you can be saved.

All you need to do is read your Bible without a Watchtower beside it to 'guide' you and you will find out that if you

go to Jesus in prayer (JW's are told not to and that Jesus is not to be prayed to) and ask Him to forgive your sins and

believe that He can, He will make a home in your heart.

Read Romans 8:1-11 in a real bible, not the New World Translation which is twisted to support JW doctrines.

They do the same thing to every 'Bible' study that they are doing to you. It is a common tactic designed to scare you into

their version of Christianity.

I was a JW for many years.

I left when I found out that they have lied about so much.

Do not be afraid of them.

They are all deceived.

• nugget
    nugget

how dare they subject you to this level of harrassment. Send an email to the person who studied saying that if the emails and calls do not cease and desist you will be taking legal action for harrassment. You have made your decision and will stick with it. No response is necessary.

The good news is you have been able to get a glimpse at the level of the madness and control once you get fully immersed in the organisation it becomes worse. It is amusing as you have had a lucky escape, so rejoice in the freedom.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Just be happy they only have Watchtowers instead of Guns..

They don`t like it when somebody trys to quit..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

I don't understand this. I've given bible studies to people because I had too many or they were with women and every time, they don't follow through. Who are these Witnesses, that they are pulling out all the stops to hold a Bible study, when I've never been able to even give one away?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit