Spent last few days in Hospital with our 23 yr old son

by troubled mind 25 Replies latest jw friends

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Severe abdominal pain turned out to be Pancreatitis ! Very scary .... His levels of enzymes should have been 180 ,but were 4,500 . All the tests xrays , ulta sound and MRI showed no gallstones or blockages just one mother of an inflamned pancreas . They are guessing it was caused by a virus . His levels are still very high even after massive IV pushes , but they did let him go home tonight . Still on a liquid diet until he sees Dr on Monday and more blood tests .

I had called his JW grandmother for advice before we went to the ER (she is a nurse ) The next day I called and left a recorded message to tell her what he had.......but have not had one return phone call or call to show concern for his well being .....I am so disgusted by her lack of natural affection .

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

That must have been a stressful time for you, TM. I'm glad that he's on the mend.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I am so disgusted by her lack of natural affection .

Jeez Louise, I am too. Hoping the best for you son.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Wish & pray for a speedy recovery.

His Granny thinks she is doing Gods will,forgive her!!!

I just watched WACO!!!! She is so blinded ,,,poor soul.Just like the Waco bunch

• wasblind
    wasblind

hello there troubled mind, have your son been out of the country within the past 12 months ?????

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Prayers for you and him Troubled Mind. I know how tough it can be to have a child in the hospital.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee
    have not had one return phone call or call to show concern for his well being .....I am so disgusted by her lack of natural affection .

Sorry you have to experience the tough JW love via your son's illness. We went through this a few months after our son was DF'd and then was diagnosed with Cancer a couple of months later. Having the loving JW friends and family leave you in the learch at such a crucial time makes it clear how off balance they are when it comes to using their own hearts and common sense over the WT rules. I have written my Son's only living "Pioneer" grandparent off...sort of DF'd her in my mind. She didn't even come to see him or call when he was in intensive care or during his Chemo. Stayed busy knocking on the doors of complete strangers while her own grandson was fighting for his life.

All the best to you and your Son for a speedy recovery. He is lucky to have you in his corner.

• smiddy
    smiddy

My thoughts are with you,and hope for a speedy recovery

smiddy

• sizemik
    sizemik

Troubled Mind . . . coincidentally, my eldest son is also 23. So sorry to hear of his illness . . . it sounds like it was a near thing. You still have him with you and that's the main thing. I wish him a full recovery and you and your family the very best.

• ambersun
    ambersun

Troubled mind, very best wishes for your son's speedy recovery.

So sorry to you and exwhyzee regarding the apparent lack of concern by your JW relatives at a time when you really needed their love and support.

If it is any comfort, I am sure it is nothing personal, as mouthy said they think they are doing the right thing and are no doubt totally unaware of the hurt they are causing by their apparent lack of concern. It is just the result of years of indoctrination, convincing them that Jah requires them to put WT interests first and foremost before their own needs and those of their loved ones.

My own relatives are wonderful, loving people who would do anything for you under normal circumstances but during the aux pioneering month of April, CO visits, Assemblies etc, I might as well be living on another planet. I am used to it now, and just grateful that they have chosen not to shun me which has happened to so many other ex JWs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit