Questions for former elders.

by evilone 42 Replies latest jw friends

• evilone
    evilone

Yes, sister x I had an idea like that. I thought about trying to find a cong that is dominated by an ethnic and/or racial group that is significantly different than our own background. My theory is that there would be a cultural disconnect between us and the new cong which would make it easier for us to disappear.

• evilone
    evilone
    Me: The sad fact is that while your sitting there going through the motions in the KH you know that at least half of the people around you have the same doubts you do, its just that we're all afraid to say anything.

sabastious: Is this an exaggeration? Are people really starting to wake up?

Maybe that was a bit of an overstatement on my part. However, I have had doubts for a very long time and I think the same could be said of my wife, my siblings and my parents. So that’s at least 6 people that have had varying levels of disbelief at various times but were afraid to express that disbelief. Now 6 people does not necessarily translate to 50% of active dubs, but it tells you that there must be more than 6 people who are there out of fear, and not belief.

• evilone
    evilone
    The Oracle: What this means for you is - after you move, do not speak about your former life as a JW to anyone.

I was thinking about this statement today. We’ll take your advice and be careful not to let on about our past, but I have to wonder even if a local cong finds out that we are former dubs it really doesn’t matter as long as they don’t know were we originally came from. After all, if say someday 10 years from now we move to Houston, TX and the elders at the local cong identify us as former dubs, make up cards and then declare us DA or DF it really doesn’t matter because who in Houston will shun us? As long as the elders in Houston don’t know where we’re from they can’t notify our old cong back in “St Louis” and our families will never be told to shun us.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit