Questions for former elders.

by evilone 42 Replies latest jw friends

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

Hi evilone.

Dacheech is right about your family forwarding your address via the bethel.

However they would only do that if they wanted someone to call on you. ( its what my dad did, and I live in another country now ), suspecting that you were inactive.

I am supposing you want to fade so as to keep contact with family members in the borg?

Have you thought what would happen if they came to visit you. The well indoctrinated nearly always want to go to

the meetings with you.

• clearpoison
    clearpoison

Could someone please explain why there would be need to visit the "new" congregation. What would happen if you ask your current secretary send your cards to some congregation anywhere in the world and just never appear there. Would they send the cards back to "old" congregation after a while?

CP

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Brother CBOE to the Secretary of your congregation: "Looks like the "Evilone" has been missing meetings. What happened to him? Secretary: "I heard they moved." Chairman: "Where to?" Secretary: "No one knows". Chairman: Not even family?" Secretary: "Not even his family. He just dropped off the earth." Chairman: "Well, I guess we can't transfer his card anywhere. Better just leave it in the box I'm sure he'll show up." Three weeks later the Secretary asks the Chairman; "Any one heard from the Evilone?" The Chairman: "Who?" Move and don't sweat it.

• Highlander
    Highlander

Would they send the cards back to "old" congregation after a while?

It happened at least twice to me. The new congregation sent the cards back to the old after I was 'missing' for a month or so. That's why I currently do not know where my cards are. I'm guessing they're 2000 miles away at the congregation I was raised in.

• Inside Man
    Inside Man

UNWRITTEN NEW RULE - The new congregation that you will be attending will have to ask the secretary at your old hall for you and your wifes publisher's card. You cannot tell your secretary at your current hall to send your cards to the new hall, he will not do it. He will want a phone number of the congregation secretary at your new hall. When you get to your new hall they will want a current copy of your blood card and they will want you to fill out a emergency contact form just in case they need to find you if there is a natural disaster or if you just stop coming for 6 or more months. When you new hall receives your cards and introductory letter from your old hall. They will transfer over your cellphone number if you ever gave it to them. The letter will also describe what privilages you had if any and they will let the new hall know if you was a exceptional dub a average dub or a weak dub. So they will have some clue of what they will be dealing with. Once you get to your new hall just go on sunday's until you know they have your cards then just stop going. If you gave them a fake address and new fake cell phone number they will never find you. Don't give them a copy of your blood card just stall them if you can. It won't be to hard. THEN ENJOY YOUR NEW FREEDOM. Just dont ever go back if you dont want to be harrassed.

• Quendi
    Quendi

I have found this thread somewhat amusing. I agree with both Highlander and Wasanelder Once. What is the big deal? You can make your move completely unannounced in your old congregation since you are moving to an entirely different city. When you arrive at your new home, simply don't go to meetings. This isn't rocket science, after all. Giving some people the P.O. box address is a good idea if you wish to maintain contact. Otherwise, just move away and forget all about the WTS.

Quendi

• evilone
    evilone

Wasanelder: Move and don't sweat it.
    Highlander: That's why I currently do not know where my cards are.
    Quendi: Just move away and forget all about the WTS.

Let me clear something up here. If I was single and I was making this move alone, I would just “walk away” and leave my publisher’s card behind. My family isn’t the problem. My parents probably wouldn’t bother me too much if I just went inactive. My sister hasn’t been an active witness in years and my younger brother, who was never even baptized, quit halfway through high school and my parents never say anything to them. In fact, now that all four of my grandparents are deceased my mom and dad are drifting further and further away from the “truth.” The real problem is my wife’s family. I know my wife doesn’t believe anymore, but her mother is completely brainwashed. So I’m afraid that because she is afraid of her mother, my wife will have a weak moment and go back to the “truth” just to please her parents. If we leave our cards behind at our old cong, my mother-in-law will probably find out, and then she will harass my wife wanting to know why we didn’t transfer to a new cong. If her mother works on her long enough, I’m worried that my wife will want to go back the borg out of guilt.

jean-luc picard: Have you thought what would happen if they came to visit you. The well indoctrinated nearly always want to go to the meetings with you.

I know that her family will eventually find out that we are inactive, but I want to lead them to believe that we’re still active for as long as I possibly can. I can’t fool them forever, but moving the cards out of the old cong will buy us some time. I’m hoping that because she will be away from her nagging mother, my wife will have time to clear her head and gain the emotional strength necessary to live as a truly free person.

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

Way too much put into this.

The only power they have is the power YOU give them.

Walk away. Don't answer your phone. Change your number. Delete them off Facebook.

Disappear.

The brutal truth is that they don't care enough to bother with trying to find you. Yet another way they disgrace Christ.

• MartynAndrew
    MartynAndrew

Someone in an earlier post said- Witness Protection Program, that is so funny and so sad, having to excape from the most wonderful place on earth? Afraid for family and running for our lives, man it's sort of scarry. All the best, good luck with your new life.

• evilone
    evilone
    daringhart13: The only power they have is the power YOU give them.

I know that, but unfortunately my wife hasn’t fully embraced the concept... at least not yet.

My goal is to get out of the borg with my wife and STAY OUT FOREVER! I am going to do everything I can to avoid any conflict with my wife's family because I don't want her to have an opportunity for a relapse. I'm not taking any chances. If I have to jump through hoops to achieve my goal then so be it. I would love to go out in blaze of glory, but I'm not going to turn this into a silly point-proving exercise.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit