The meetings used to make me physically sick.

by FifthOfNovember 37 Replies latest jw friends

• godrulz
    godrulz

How did you guys feel about going door-to-door? Even true Christians have fears of rejection, not being able to answer, etc. when witnessing. It must also be sickening to realize you have wasted time, money, life in a false religion and now wonder about the possibility of God's anger forever or no other viable option? I would be devastated, angry, confused, etc. It would be hard to trust anyone (guys like me) or anything again. Once burned, twice shy. Good, sincere people can be deceived, but some things are a consequence for not listening to the warnings of the Spirit/Word or investigating all sides before jumping in (in the internet age, there is no excuse to become or remain a JW, Mormon, Muslim, etc.).

Truly Jesus (Lord God) is the only one who can heal, deliver, save, set free, give abundant/eternal life. His yoke is easy and burden light. Come to Him all you who are weary/thirsty. Flee false religion, no matter what the cost.

• d
    d

I also would get headaches and often be ver tired.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FIFTHOFNOVEMBER:

You are not alone in feeling that the meetings made you physically sick. While they didn't exactly make me feel "physically ill", they did, on a number of occasions, make me feel anxiety. Well, I won't speak for anybody else, but it is not acceptable for ME to feel anxiety. So, I have to ask myself, WHY am I feeling anxiety? Is it because I am expecting somebody to come up to me and say something unpleasant?

Like the proverbial frog in the pot of water that is being slowly boiled to death, people tolerate a lot of abuse in this religion. And, it happens over a period of time. If it were to happen suddenly, you would jump out. But, no, it happens slowly and you become accustomed to it. This doesn't mean that it is normal or desirable.

Anything that makes you feel physically ill or anxious is something to be avoided. Who needs this?

• snowbird
    snowbird
    How did you guys feel about going door-to-door? Even true Christians have fears of rejection, not being able to answer, etc. when witnessing. It must also be sickening to realize you have wasted time, money, life in a false religion and now wonder about the possibility of God's anger forever or no other viable option?

I loved door-to-door at first because it made me feel useful and important.

Later on, I hated imposing my views on others.

I don't feel like it was a waste; it was certainly a valuable learning experience.

There is no fear of God's anger; I know I've been forgiven.

Syl

• watersprout
    watersprout
    How did you guys feel about going door-to-door?

I was a wreck! I was late for every ministry group as my stomach would be soo upset! Soo glad i'm out!

Peace

• mythreesons
    mythreesons

It's funny how things change. NOW, the thought of going back makes me feel that way!

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I used to have bad stomach problems and they stopped when I quit going to meetings.

It's funny to see this thread right now. Because I just threw out my old meeting bag and there were 3 or 4 half-used rolls of TUMS in there.....

I used to pop those things like peppermints.

• godrulz
    godrulz

It would be normal, even those with the truth, to be nervous about meeting strangers, rejection, unknown, etc. I could not witness effectively without the indwelling Spirit and authority of His Word. He gives grace when we obey. I think Christians experience demonic opposition, something a JW would not have (but still prone to spirit of oppression/deception as they peddle a false religion). It does go to show you that the public persona of JWs/Mormons is not the same as private. They are as human as the rest of us non-groupies. Having said that, I appreciate people of faith/theists considering how godless and secular society is. I just long for those who are religious (useless) to have a personal relationship with God (the only way to go without residual baggage).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit