The meetings used to make me physically sick.

by FifthOfNovember 37 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I used to get headaches during the a$$emblies, since they would take so much out of me. Usually, I never got sick (physically) because of a regular boasting session, but I still dreaded the damn things.

• watersprout
    watersprout

Yup happened to me too! Headaches, stomach pains, nausea, panic attacks, Anxiety levels used to shoot through the roof! It was awful. It got to the point i rarely went to the KH and if i did i would leave not long after the opening prayer. If i wasn't too ill i would get to the halfway point!

I can't bear to hear any WT related words, my stomach revolts!

Peace

• kimbo
    kimbo

Yes

Anxiety panic attacks

• LV101
    LV101

YES --- ME, TOO! seriously --- it made me physically sick. IF THEY BOTHER ME I WILL GO AFTER THEM. i'm not putting up with their craziness, and i think more people should go after them. after all this country is about religious freedom and they have no right to hurt/torment people. the laws better protect people FROM as well as FOR these stupid cults.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I remember feeling soooo drained in the meetings at the end...as if all the life had been taken from me...awful.

Loz x

• Ashikae
    Ashikae

Meetings used to make me sick too. Now thinking of them has a similar affect.

Thoughts of my family attending and drinking in that putrid slop from the watchtower trough makes me really sick .

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I would get real nervous beforehand. Like an impending doom. Worse then going to the doctor or dentist's office. Then, once I was there I went "numb". I just sat there, making up things to do in my mind to bide the time.

• Resistance is Futile
    Resistance is Futile

Yes, but you have to admit that when you were leaving the meetings you always felt refreshed and happified.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Count me in too. Hated going and my body was saying what my mouth couldn't say out loud

Yes, but you have to admit that when you were leaving the meetings you always felt refreshed and happified

ain't that the truth - until the next meeting

• mythreesons
    mythreesons

I used to be stressed out because of the meetings. I've heard of many people who have migraines, panic attacks and stomach issues that only happen when they are "at the meetings". hmmm......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit