Cruel Hearted People

by EXMS 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• cheerios
    cheerios

i suppose acting like cold hearted bastards happifies them ...

• nugget
    nugget

That is unfortunately typical of the JW response. They are so bound with rules that human compassion is lost. They cannot help themselves they are so deeply conditioned. He was probably squirming inside, his authentic self invited you but he was probably put under pressure by his fiancee and the elders to conform to JW rules and exclude you.

JWs use weddings and other occasions to punnish those that fall short, they turn special occasions into tests of faith. As soon as news was out about your fade you would have been on the radar. If it is common knowledge you are not going back then they will treat you as DA'd. Whether it is official or not.

• WhatWasIThinking
    WhatWasIThinking

Someone who I considered a very good friend got DF'd while I was still in. I never shunned her. She asked to borrow money to pay a medical bill (no insurance) and I gave it to her. She paid me back but it took over a year. I didn't care about the money, I cared about her. She was my friend and I never would turn my back on a friend. After I DA'd she immediately shunned me and refuses to have any contact with me. She's a hypocrite and her friendship is conditional as most JWs are.

What your "friend" did was wrong. If it had been me I very well may have knocked him out. With friends like most JWs you don't need enemies.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Sorry for your experience.

I guess he just wanted to borrow your snow shoes.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I bet you dont see your snow shoes again either....

tbh I wouldnt have made the effort in the 1st place, but that's just me. All the "good" friends I have had while in the "truth" I've lost even while still in ffs. They are all conditional assholes even while you are still "in" from my experiences. Most only want you around for what they can use you for.

• Reality79
    Reality79

@WWIT

Damn! That's really messed up!

• journey-on
    journey-on

Just let it go. JWs are inept socially on so many levels, it's unbelievable. I'm sure some a**hole elder got hold of him after the invitation was sent out and messed with his mind (not to mention his heart) and gave him some kind of ultimatum.

If you have a chance to talk to him again, though, don't act like it didn't hurt. He should know that it DID hurt and that he crapped on a long-time true friend who was willing to go the extra mile (3,000) for a promise made a long time ago. YOU'RE the one with integrity and class.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

On the one hand, yes, witnesses have a cruel hearted doctrine/modus operandi. But on the other hand, if you are out in the open about having left the "truth", isn't the surprising thing that he invited you to the wedding in the first place?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Ouch, and ouch, again.

After 14 yrs out, i had something on a smaller scale happen to me. I called up a jw that i was as close to as his family. I asked him for some advice on something which he knew about. He immediately brought up our friendship and used it as a hostage to getting any info. Silly me. I had thought that he was more than that:( The watchturd society has set up hostage situations.

S

• moshe
    moshe

Lucky for me, my JW friends cut me off and I will never have to worry about being set up for the abuse like you were given.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit