Any of you folks from the awesome state of Colorado??

by SweetBabyCheezits 82 Replies latest jw friends

• ziddina
    ziddina

I think I scared Sweet Baby Cheezits off...

Now, if I could only scare all those Californians, Texans, and New Yorkers out of the state!!!

Things'd be right nice, again...

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Your description of the "awesome state of Colorado" triggered memories of the old fashioned political conventions. During the roll call of the states, rather than state the delegate count, the party chair would speak and scream for about five minutes about how wonderful their state was. The state delegation stood up, cheered, and did intricate marching formations. They wore funny outfits. One had large bumble bees on their heads. It was cute for the first few states. This usually happened at about two in the morning. Finally, they delegate count.

Conventions used to have character and color. The cool states, NY, Mass, CA never had the floor shows to the same extent.

From the awesome, dreadful, paradise of Manhattan.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

WV is just right around the corner... well maybe not. My lil sis is there and if/when I visist I'll let all the Colorado JWN friends know

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

Colorado here as well, if I didn't post in this thread before...

Beautiful place - love the hiking, but terrible for social activities in my opinion.

- Lime

• finally awake
    finally awake

I have a cousin (not a JW) who lives in Colorado Springs. We went out once to visit when I was 13 - it was really nice out there.

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

Moved this to it's own thread, on second thought.

- Lime

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

It is not too different here in Boulder Lime. The Flagstaff fire is only 1.5 miles from town. I am watching the mountain burn from my office window.

What is happening in CO Springs is heartbreaking. I hope Sheep2Slaughter is okay.

• Diest
    Diest

Lime are you in the springs? I am glad that I am safe in the middle of my Denver concrete jungle.

• Quendi
    Quendi

After thirty-one of the best years of my life, I moved away from Colorado and went back to my family in Alabama to care for my aged mother. All I can say about my love for the state is that I am determined to return by hook or by crook. I've even chosen the place where I want my ashes scattered. Those of you familiar with the state will understand when I tell you that the chosen spot is the scenic overlook just below McClure Pass on Colorado Highway 133. The view is north to Mount Sopris and south to Chair Mountain. Below lies the Crystal River Valley, the most beautiful valley in all of Colorado. Since I can't be buried there, I'll do the next best thing and help grow some of the aspen trees. My body is in Alabama, but my heart and soul will forever be "Rocky Mountain High" in Colorado!

Quendi

• Open mind
    Open mind

Quendi: Here? (Just to piss off Zid.)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-PVcq9-hwzu8/Tb75r1PmBjI/AAAAAAAAAEw/DyxpqItc8qA/s1600/images-1.jpeg

om

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit