Any of you folks from the awesome state of Colorado??

by SweetBabyCheezits 82 Replies latest jw friends

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

My wife and I are thinking of moving our family to a better place in the US....away from JW family and out of the southern Bible belt. Just curious how many of you live around CO and, more specifically, near Fort Collins?

Of course, we're open to any city that is less conservative and has awesome summer weather and outdoor activities. And low crime. And streets paved in gold.

Thanks in advance, good citizens of JWN.

Hope your Saturday is as capital G Good as your Good Friday.

SBC

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Coloradoans offline prolly, huh? Well, shnit.

• Kudra
    Kudra

Do you have lotsa buck$$$? Move to Boulder. I lived there for a few years about 10 years ago and worked there for a summer a year ago. It's la la land. The streets are paved in "everyone loves one another" and there is so MUCH fun shit to do and the mountains are like a 5-minute walk from your front door.

Colorado Springs is like the psycho mini bible belt of CO. Ft Collins has awesome outdoor stuff and is like a proxy-Boulder but red-neck. But Ft C. is super rad, very outdoorsy, near the mtns, there is a University there which always brings fun and culture to town and it seems like an easy place to make a living. The cost of living is sorta high but nowhere near what it is in Boulder.

• FollowedMyHeart
    FollowedMyHeart

I live in WY, but my brother and his young family live in Johnstown, a few miles south of Ft. C. We go down to visit quite a bit and really like the area. Ft. C, Loveland, or any of the little town in the area would be a nice place to live.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Thank you, Kudra and FMH. We are drawn to the mountains, mild summers, distinct seasons, and eco-conscious smaller towns/states that are family- and education-oriented. Outdoorsiness is a big factor. I hear FC streets are super bike-friendly, thanks in no small part to my favorite brewery, New Belgium (makers of Fat Tire Amber Ale), whose founder is a bike geek.

Kudra, coming from the Ark-La-Tex area, I'm sure their rednecks got nothin' on our rednecks. Plus maybe we'd blend in a little better.

Oh yeah, we've heard others say that 'the Springs' is a predominantly fundy town, too, and that Boulder was uber-Liberal but also uber-pricey. We're looking for a sweet spot that balances our criteria out. I wouldn't mind being near Boulder since I'm looking for a younger, wealthier demographic to pimp my photography services out to. The FC & Loveland areas seem to be calling to us.

Any other comments, yea or nay, fine people of the Interwebs?

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

Cheez! what's slapping? How you been?

Moving, eh? I really like South Park, CO.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

What up, Boo??

Man, we're giving the middle finger to our "old future" and making our own as we go. Plus, I've got a sports almanac from 2048 so I'm set.

South Park, eh? Say, that sounds like a good place for a guy named Timmahhh.

• mythreesons
    mythreesons

SWEETBABYCHEEZITS!!!

Just had to let that out! We are thinking of making the same kind of migration. We have been talking about it A LOT lately!

• watersprout
    watersprout

I'm not from the USA so i'm no help!

Buuuuutttttt i think moving away is a fantastic move... We are planning on moving far far away... Need to get away from the dubbie family and all the dubbies that know us.

Hope you and your family find somewhere lovely to move to and enjoy what the future has to offer.

Peace

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

Wish I could move, but i'm currently stuck in the city of Dis*.

*LITERARY ALERT: In Dante Alighieri's The Divine Comedy, the City of Dis (in Italian, la città ch'ha nome Dite, "the city whose name is Dis") [ 1 ] encompasses the sixth through the ninth circles of Hell. [ 2 ] The most serious sins are punished here, in lower Hell. Dis is extremely hot, and contains areas more closely resembling the common modern conception of Hell than the upper levels.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit