"and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”

by Chalam 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi JWNers!

I had the opportunity to speak to a Witness aquaintaince today. The Lord had put him on my heart some years ago. Eventually we talked about faith, and I asked him about his. He offered the following.

• Armageddon was not likely imminent. He knew about the 1975 debacle and had been hearing the same message for far too long to believe it.
    • Refusing blood could well be wrong and "new light" might be on the way. He had recently received a court order to allow his sibling a blood transfusion and was not unhappy about it.
    • The "new light" on "this generation" had brought more questions of the WT doctrines. The 1914 generation were indeed dying out and nothing had come to pass as had long been fortold.
    • No birthdays was probably a silly rule but he was happy enough to go along with it to keep the peace.
    • Similarly, unspoken rules such as "no beards".

So I told him about my own faith. We went around the peripheries a bit (blood, the Father's name etc.) but I quickly brought it back to Jesus. We had a liitle ping pong with the scriptures but interestingly the more I persued the doctrine thing, the more I saw the stone walls of the WT.

What was most frustrating that he can see the WT is clearly flawed in many respects but still believed the WT propaganda, they have "the truth", no-one else is doing the preaching and such.

Anyhow, the cracks are there and seeds had been sown in the dry ground and watered. I need to watch and pray for growth 1 Corinthians 3:7. I can do nothing by myself John 15:5

So I trust you all are well :)

Blessings in Christ,

Stephen xx

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hello there Stephen.

I'm glad to see you posting again

• designs
    designs

With a lot of hard work you can convert him to your Cult and its Mythologies...

Welcome back Carter...

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hello designs,

I think you missed this in my post "I can do nothing by myself".

Blessings,

Stephen

• designs
    designs

Oh come on Stephen if you really believed that you'd just let Osmosis do the converting...

• Chalam
    Chalam

I just believe the bible

Ephesians 2:8-10 (English Standard Version)

8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast. 10 For we are his workmanship,created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

• designs
    designs

The basic problem with Christianity are Christian teachings and philosophy......

As Abraham said looking down on Jesus..'You're late I already made it!'

• godrulz
    godrulz

Designs: you are making the wrong assumption that all spirituality/religion is false. The false cults do not disprove the genuine, biblical, historical, orthodox Christianity. JWs are no further ahead if they leave the organization but do not find the true Christ/gospel, the power of God (Rom. 1:16). Using your logic, counterfeit money negates the possibility of genuine currency.

JWs get there name from Isaiah and Rutherford. Acts 1:8 shows that we are to be witnesses of Jesus (who is Jehovah). Counter-cult ministries are bearing fruit as many former JWs, Mormons, Muslims, etc. are coming to a saving knowledge in Christ, the only hope for eternal life.

• designs
    designs

godrulz-

Moving from one Cult to another Cult (all religion) is no improvement. As for 'Christianity' it is a mishmash if ideas and interpretations walla- 1800 Denominations and counting all with different views.

Been there done that.

Care for the hungry, care for the environment, make sure things are better for future generations, that's my focus and where I'm putting my time effort and money not on ancient myths.

• Ding
    Ding

Stephen,

I've sent you a PM.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit