Am I being paranoid ?

by wobble 10 Replies latest jw friends

• wobble
    wobble

I have had a friend request on FB from a sister in my old Congo. fair enough I suppose.

But it looks like a very new page she has, it just mentions her name, and the school she went to, there appears to be no friends on there yet.

Suspicious ? If I accept her as a friend she will be able to see all the apostate friends I have got , so I have ignored the request, but it seems strange, no photo of her, or any other info.

She was always popular,so why no friends on this, why no photo, she was always a great looker, plus why a page now, when the WT is counselling against such sites ?

What think ye ? are they trying to get something on me ? Tee Hee !

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I would leave her in limbo for a bit.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Just keep the request in abeyance, see what happens.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

They may be trying to break out - but I wouldn't Friend them without some outside contact first to see where they are at.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

They may be trying to break out - but I wouldn't Friend them without some outside contact first to see where they are at.

• baltar447
    baltar447

With new privacy settings on facebook, you can restrict who has access to much of your profile info, it can be hidden. It may be that since you have not friended her yet you can't see most of her profile info. I also know that somem people forget their passwords OR for some reason Facebook locks their account and they have to create a new one.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Unless you want to be DF'd for apostasy, you must IGNORE this Facebook friend request.

However, if you'd like to live on the Wild Side, friend her and strike up a conversation.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I still have (on my real name FB page) a small handful of JW "friends" who mostly ignore me (except this one guy who feels the need to argue with pretty much everything I post). I also have five or six old JW friend requests that I've been ignoring. Some time, a couple years after I'm finally DFd, I will click "Accept" on one of them and laugh at the commotion it causes the person for being a FB friend with an apostate like me. Mostly I use my real-name page for work and business and old school friends and I usually forget there are JWs even lurking about.

Of course, on my Mad Sweeney page I have a ton of friends who I can actually associate with socially.

• cantleave
    cantleave

BTW - you haven't accepted my friend request!!!!

Maybe I'm too scary an apostate

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

Sure you can friend her, but immediately disallow her viewing of any number of things on your page. That's what I did and it works great.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit