Struggling

by anniegirl76 80 Replies latest jw friends

• anniegirl76
    anniegirl76

I have been DF-ed for almost 9 years. Just out of curiosity, has anyone decided to find another religion or belief after being JW? I struggle with my feelings, my mom and brother, aunt, cousins are all JW. Does the pain of feeling totally abandoned ever ease?

• minimus
    minimus

I don't want religion of any type.

WELCOME HERE!!!!

• snowbird
    snowbird

Welcome.

There are many on here who understand exactly how you feel.

They will be along in a little while.

You are not alone.

Syl

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

Welcome aboard anniegirl.

Many of us here have suffered the same sense of loss, being cut of from the family.

I find that it does help, reading and commenting here.

Do you have any family who are not jws?

I found an uncle/ aunt and cousins who I had not seen for 30 years.

I must relate that story one day. Our first meet up was like something from a prime time TV show.

They are my closest and dearest family now. That helps alot.

Good luck, and once again welcome.

PS for the religious side, I'm like minimus

• james_woods
    james_woods

It may not be believable just now, but -

You will wake up one week, and realize - I have not even thought about the JWs for the entire last week.

This will become a month, in time.

In time, it will become a year.

This took me about two to three years, but it will eventually happen.

James

• snowbird
    snowbird

What James_Woods said.

Syl

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

You can accellerate the healing process by taking positive steps. Make many new friends outside the JWs. Accept the fact that God doesn't care if you're a member of one of his human, earthly, fan clubs. Embrace the truth that not only are the Watchtower and Jehovah's Witnesses NOT God's organization, he doesn't need one or have one. And decide that the person you want to be is the person you CAN be.

Good luck!

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome, Anniegirl!

I've sent you a PM.

To get your private mail, click on the little envelope on the upper right part of the screen.

If you get an error message, try it again.

I look forward to hearing from you.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome to the forum.

I am sorry to hear of your situation. None of my family was JWs (except for a cousin I never knew well), so I cannot feel your pain. However, many on this forum have and will be able to advise you. Hang in there. You are a worthwhile person, but you must remember that the WT society has such a hold on people that they will not allow those who love you to show it due to their policies.

• yknot
    yknot

girl Welcome  Willkommen bienvenue animated gif

After waking up (i am still attending)....... I decided to remain in my Christian faith...

I have a unbelieving spouse so I go to church with him sometimes, I also attended with my non-JW half sibling and even 'visit' my kid's school's church .....all are different worship styles!

If it is important to you to believe as an Arian (no trinity) then consider the Baptist as they don't require the Nicence Creed..... if the trinity aspect doesn't matter than base things on the people and feelings you have associating rather than by interpretational nuances of denominations as majority of church's are just mini communities in which upbuild themselves.

If you are considering other faiths beyond Christianity .......again visit the places of worship, fellowship with them and then discern your feelings ...

Discern that Agnostic, Humanists and Atheism are forms of beliefs too....

Try and steer away from cults.....remember that most 'Gods' require your personal devotion and not slaving away for their alleged organizations or brotherhoods......

If at the end of the day you are still uncertain......maybe make up your own....

Should I drift from Christianity I would make up my own......and base it entirely on the 'golden rule'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit