News from Spain: WT in court soon for unlawful use of a photograph

by AndersonsInfo 35 Replies latest jw friends

• suavojr
    suavojr

Marked

• Splash
    Splash

How can we find out what the penalty against the WT is?

Will they, for example, have to print the full original picture with an apology?

Splash

• metatron
    metatron

It appears to me that this subject raises a few questions:

1) how could they be so breathtakingly stupid? There are people who watch the WTS and report their wrongdoing with eagerness. I know there are Bethelites who are aware of this and lament about it. This sort of thing is astonishingly dumb.

2) Where the h*ll is the Graphics/Art Dept.? Are they lazy? Untalented? Incapable? They are forced to steal graphics and Photoshop them?

3) Dearly departed 'Farkel' pointed out (as I recall) several examples of this copyright violation by the Society - so this is not an isolated incident. Who do you have to sleep with at Bethel to get away with this nonsense and still keep your job? What do you think would happen at a 'worldly' corporation if they did this? Fire somebody, perhaps?

4) How unbelieveably cheap are they? There are graphics services that can supply images that are legal - why do they insist on ignoring copyright law? Is this evidence of raw arrogance?

metatron

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Metatron...

As far as I'm concerned, this simply reinforces the assertion that the decision-makers at the highest levels of the WT heirarchy (including, but not limited to, the GB) really are full-on True Believers...

...Why? You don't make organizational blunders like this unless you're (among other things) 100% certain that A) you're "in the right", and B) the Big A really is going to arrive any minute and bail you out (although, I do concede that stoopidity is also a factor).

• Londo111
    Londo111

marked

• jgnat
    jgnat

There's also Big Corporation arrogance. They can afford to wait out the little guy, in the hopes he will expire from exhaustion before it gets to judgement.

Budding artists often will will use such reference photos in their work but they should NEVER be published.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit