News from Spain: WT in court soon for unlawful use of a photograph

by AndersonsInfo 35 Replies latest jw friends

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

yeah, what James Woods said. The watchtower believes it is above the law, this and the australia thing are perfect examples. Hope more people bring them to court for their actions.

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Latest news from [email protected] translated from Spanish to English by sender:

Spanish witnesses believe that the Spanish branch has acted lying and cheating, the co-ordinator of the Spanish branch \"brother\" Alberto Lopez
    said he does not know the number of magazines \'placed\' in January 1994. the strange relationship between members of the Order of the full-time
    Jehovah\'s Witnesses and some businesses photographic photographic agency, which made ​​selling their photos and Bursnal Beveridge
    Brothers in Godo picture? The agency used regularly in The Watchtower and Awake.
    Will all the elders of Bethel No. commercial court. 2 Madrid to support the statements of the defendants?
    What instructions are received from the legal department of the Watchtower in Patterson?
    Declare himself president of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, our beloved brother, MH Larson?
    http://centellesosso.blogspot.com/2011/05/reclamaciones-y-documentos-la-watch.html

The following is a Google translation of the above website page:

We have received calls, complaints, anonymous emails, but many samples, solidarity related to our decisions and our claims, if in the past tried to talk and negotiate with leaders of the Branch of the Watch Tower in Spain, calling Coordinator same and Chief of the Spanish organization "Jehovah's Christian Witnesses" Over the past few months basic members of Jehovah's Witnesses have given us their solidarity and support, totally disinterested some have given us documents, "literature" (books and magazines) published by the Watchtower society and many documents and correspondence.

We bought in various shops and collectors world media documents, correspondence, journals and books distributed by the economic fabric Wacthtower editorial aimed at the faithful Jehovah's Witnesses, we are surprised by the interest of the legal team of the Watchtower Spain ( a law firm in the United States important) to criminalize the purchase of books and magazines in stores hand and second hand ebay and allcollection type, but if you make prints and distributions millionaires! Do you know the leaders and lawyers of the companies Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Britain and the parent the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania COPYRIGHT OF A WORK OR PUBLICATION?

Have they made claims against people who spread the content they publish?

Do not know the number of copies distributed during January 1994, subject, requesting voluntary contributions? Do they have access to their internal statistics? Can you make affidavits leaders of the Order of Workers of the Jehovah's Witnesses in Spain indicate that ignore the serial number 'sold through donations'? Is it permissible, from anonymous email accounts to use inaccurate budget request to try to confuse the public? We have obtained a collector of Mexico, a copy of an edition of "Watchtower
    Library 2009 "which clearly states:

THE PROGRAM AND THE DATA CONTAINED ARE PROTECTED BY COPYRIGHT. THE LICENSE AGREEMENT CONTAINED IN THE INSTALLATION

"Only literature published by the Watchtower is licensed and protected by copyright?

http://centellesosso.blogspot.com/2011/05/reclamaciones-y-documentos-la-watch.html
    Reclamaciones y documentos: la Watch Tower B. of Pennsylvania

Hemos recibido llamadas, quejas, emails anónimos, pero también muchas muestras de , solidaridad relacionadas con nuestras decisiones y nuestras reclamaciones, si en el pasado intentamos hablar y negociar con los dirigentes de la Sucursal de la Watch Tower de España, llamando al Coordinador de la misma y Director Principal de la entidad española "Testigos Cristianos de Jehová", durante los pasados meses miembros de base de los Testigos de Jehová nos han transmitido su solidaridad y apoyo, algunos de manera totalmente desinteresada nos han aportado documentos, 'literatura' (libros y revistas) editadas por las sociedades Watchtower y muchos documentos y correspondencia.

Hemos comprado en diferentes tiendas y coleccionistas de medio mundo documentos, correspondencia, revistas y libros distribuidos por el entramado económico-editorial Wacthtower dirigido a los fieles de los Testigos de Jehová, nos hemos sorprendido por el interés del equipo jurídico de la Watchtower España, (un bufete de abogados de Estados Unidos IMPORTANTÍSIMO) de criminalizar la compra de libros y revistas en tiendas de ocasión y segunda mano tipo ebay y todocolección , pero ¡si hacen impresiones y distribuciones millonarias!

¿Conocen los dirigentes y los abogados de las sociedades Watchtower Bible and Tract Society de New York, Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Britain y la entidad matriz la Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania LOS DERECHOS DE AUTOR DE UNA OBRA o PUBLICACIÓN?
    ¿Han realizado reclamaciones contra personas que difundían los contenidos que ellos editan?

¿Desconocen el número de ejemplares distribuidos durante enero de 1994 siempre , pidiendo contribuciones voluntarias? ¿Tienen acceso a sus estadísticas internas? ¿Pueden hacer declaraciones juradas los dirigentes de la Orden de Trabajadores de los Testigos de Jehová en España indicando que desconocen el número de revistas 'vendidas mediante donaciones'? ¿Es lícito, desde cuentas de correo anónimas pedir presupuestos inexactos para utilizarlos para intentar confundir a la opinión pública?

Hemos obtenido de un coleccionista de México una copia de una edición de "Watchtower

Library 2009", que indica claramente:

EL PROGRAMA Y LOS DATOS QUE CONTIENE ESTÁN PROTEGIDOS POR LOS DERECHOS DE AUTOR. EL CONTRATO DE LICENCIA APARECE DURANTE LA INSTALACIÓN

¿Solo la literatura editada por la Watchtower tiene licencia y está protegida por los derechos de autor?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

This thread is not displaying fully in IE.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

fixed it

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

My grandson is in Spain as we speak..want him to pick anything up?

Snoozy

• Scully
    Scully

What I don't understand is why the WTBTS doesn't settle this quietly and quickly, before it goes to court? Is it because the penalty is more than the WTBTS is willing to bear?

Funny how they forced the Quotes site to shut down over a copyright infringement allegation, knowing that the site owner was not in a position to fight a long, drawn-out and expensive legal battle.

It just goes to show how they aren't interested in doing the right thing - issuing an apology and making restitution to the copyright holder - just in utilizing their in-house Legal Department to prevent money from leaving their bank accounts.

• dgp
    dgp

bookmarked for later

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Latest news received today, May 8, 2011:

New Message from Website Reader: Replicante 1975. Their email address is: [email protected]

And their message is:

Thank you very much for giving maximum publicity, we are making a great effort denunicar this company.

Report one of the plaintiffs Octavi Centelles maneuvers that the big law WatchTower (Baker & Mackenie) have failed to prevent or postpone the hearing against the Watchtower Society.

On May 12 will be held this view, we have promised that we will have some pictures and information of the arguments of the cult-large publishing business.

What kind of Christians are the Watchtower that have to be sued for stealing private property?

http://octavicentelles.blogspot.com/2011/05/mayo-viajes-y-comentarios.html

• dgp
    dgp

Sorry I'm so late to return. Work kept me away.

On request of a dear friend, I made my own translation of the Spanish original into English. I will be posting the translation first. I'm translating from http://centellesosso.blogspot.com/2011/05/reclamaciones-y-documentos-la-watch.html

The original text is obscure in a few spots, which lead me to do some internet checking and what I found is interesting for me. I think it will help clarify just why the Centelles brothers are taking the Watchtower to court, and why the Watchtower just didn't settle this before. That will take me some time, so I'll post the translation first.

I will post the Spanish original version at the end of this post, in case anyone wants to check.

Here's the translation:

We have received phone calls, complaints, anonymous e-mail messages, but also many tokens of support with regard to our decisions and claims. In the past we tried to talk and negotiate with the leaders of the Watchtower's Spain branch office. We called the Coordinator and senior Board Member of the Spanish association called "Christian Witnesses of Jehovah". In the course of the last few months rank and file Jehovah's witnesses have shown their solidarity and support to us. Without the expectation of receiving anything in return, some of them have provided us with documents, "literature" (books and magazines) published by the Watchtower Society, plus many other documents and correspondence.

From different stores and collectors around the world, we bought magazines and books distributed by the economic-publishing network of the Watchtower, all for use by the Jehovah's witness faithful. We were surprised at the interest shown by the legal team of the Spanish Watchtower office (a VERY IMPORTANT American law office) to turn the purchase of books and magazines in convenience stores and used-book stores, such as e-Bay and todocolección, into an offense, considering the fact that they themselves print millions of copies [of such books and magazines] for distribution!

Are the leaders and attorneys of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Britain, and their mother company, the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania, familiar with [the concept of] COPYRIGHT ON A WORK OR PUBLICATION?

Have they ever filed claims against people who used content edited by them [the above organizations]?

Do they not have any knowledge of the number of copies [of documents with the photo] that were distributed during January 1994, [with the subsequent request for] voluntary donations? Do they have access to their own internal data? Can the leaders of the Spanish Jehovah's witness worker class make affidavits indicating that they have no knowledge of the number of magazines [actually] "sold [but passed] as donations"? Is it licit to use anonymous e-mail accounts to request inaccurate sums, and then use those to try to mislead public opinion?

A Mexican collector provided us with a copy of the Watchtower Library 2009, which clearly indicates as follows:

THIS APPLICATION AND THE DATA IT CONTAINS ARE PROTECTED BY COPYRIGHTS. THE LICENSE CONTRACT WILL APPEAR DURING INSTALLATION.

Is Watchtower literature the only work under the protection of licensing agreements and copyrights?

The paragraph beginning with "This application" is my personal translation of the initial window you'd see if you wanted to install the Watchtower CD for 2009. I am sorry that I don't have that CD, so I don't know what the English version actually says there. It would have been best if I had only copied and pasted but, like I just said, I can't do that.

I will post my comments and some background information separately, so that the translation is clearly separate from what I may add.

The original text in Spanish:

Hemos recibido llamadas, quejas, emails anónimos, pero también muchas muestras de , solidaridad relacionadas con nuestras decisiones y nuestras reclamaciones, si en el pasado intentamos hablar y negociar con los dirigentes de la Sucursal de la Watch Tower de España, llamando al Coordinador de la misma y Director Principal de la entidad española "Testigos Cristianos de Jehová", durante los pasados meses miembros de base de los Testigos de Jehová nos han transmitido su solidaridad y apoyo, algunos de manera totalmente desinteresada nos han aportado documentos, 'literatura' (libros y revistas) editadas por las sociedades Watchtower y muchos documentos y correspondencia.

Hemos comprado en diferentes tiendas y coleccionistas de medio mundo documentos, correspondencia, revistas y libros distribuidos por el entramado económico-editorial Wacthtower dirigido a los fieles de los Testigos de Jehová, nos hemos sorprendido por el interés del equipo jurídico de la Watchtower España, (un bufete de abogados de Estados Unidos IMPORTANTÍSIMO) de criminalizar la compra de libros y revistas en tiendas de ocasión y segunda mano tipo ebay y todocolección , pero ¡si hacen impresiones y distribuciones millonarias!

¿Conocen los dirigentes y los abogados de las sociedades Watchtower Bible and Tract Society de New York, Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Britain y la entidad matriz la Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania LOS DERECHOS DE AUTOR DE UNA OBRA o PUBLICACIÓN?

¿Han realizado reclamaciones contra personas que difundían los contenidos que ellos editan?

¿Desconocen el número de ejemplares distribuidos durante enero de 1994 siempre , pidiendo contribuciones voluntarias? ¿Tienen acceso a sus estadísticas internas? ¿Pueden hacer declaraciones juradas los dirigentes de la Orden de Trabajadores de los Testigos de Jehová en España indicando que desconocen el número de revistas 'vendidas mediante donaciones'? ¿Es lícito, desde cuentas de correo anónimas pedir presupuestos inexactos para utilizarlos para intentar confundir a la opinión pública?

Hemos obtenido de un coleccionista de México una copia de una edición de "Watchtower Library 2009", que indica claramente:

EL PROGRAMA Y LOS DATOS QUE CONTIENE ESTÁN PROTEGIDOS POR LOS DERECHOS DE AUTOR. EL CONTRATO DE LICENCIA APARECE DURANTE LA INSTALACIÓN

¿Solo la literatura editada por la Watchtower tiene licencia y está protegida por los derechos de autor?

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

From different stores and collectors around the world, we bought magazines and books distributed by the economic-publishing network of the Watchtower, all for use by the Jehovah's witness faithful. We were surprised at the interest shown by the legal team of the Spanish Watchtower office (a VERY IMPORTANT American law office) to turn the purchase of books and magazines in convenience stores and used-book stores, such as e-Bay and todocolección, into an offense, considering the fact that they themselves print millions of copies [of such books and magazines] for distribution

They want to make it illegal to resell the literature?
    is that what it is saying?

Snoozy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit