Need awesome suggestions!

by the_raisin 21 Replies latest jw friends

• the_raisin
    the_raisin

For the last four days, every morning I take Donut out for her walk, I always find JW's preaching door to door across the street. I always cross to them, and wait with dread at what I think is inevitable: they will try to preach to me.

But it never happens. Four days, seen three diifferent groups, nothing. The young women always grin and turn their noses up (seriously, it looks ridiculous when they attempt it) and the older people just smile patronizingly at me. I wonder if this is a new tactic, ignore the young looking wordly people, or the ones that look really weird.

Anyway, it got me thinking: I would like to say something or do something at the snubbing. To be honest, it does hurt to see them completely ignore me. I would loove to go up to one of them and ask if it's a new doctrine or movement, just snub the worldly people you don't like, and if Jehovah would appreciate that.

Anybody got anything better? I do not want to be offensive, but I truly am curious as to why they see me all these days and snub me so batantly.

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

Hi the raisin.

I just read up your first post. Good on you for getting out so young, and with style it would seem

Remember you said:

"became ballsy enough not give a damn about those bastards whom I was forced to face every week"

I understand about the snubbing, but I wonder if saying something would accomplish anything?

perles before swine and all.

Its really they, who have the problem, not you.

However, something that might help: when they are standing there with a smug look on their face,

just imagine them sat on the toilet.....constipated. And try not to laugh.

• Philadelphia Ponos
    Philadelphia Ponos

[Deleted]

• the max
    the max

Hiya raisin, Cute looking dog, Why dont you re-name Him temperarily, And call him WATCHTOWER, so next time you and donut pass by by the snubbers, start calling him WATCHTOWER, watch there faces,when the name of their beloved ORG is bestowed, upon a lowly dog, even better, if little watchtower is having a shit, and you have to scold little watchtower, the fact that shit and watchtower are combined and aired publicly ought to to the trick ! .Yes i know Im being petty, and poor we donut, having to bear tha name even for a short while, will desreve, a treat,all the best honey.

• ambersun
    ambersun

The young women always grin and turn their noses up (seriously, it looks ridiculous when they attempt it) and the older people just smile patronizingly at me.

Rise above it and treat them like any other people you pass on the street. Smile politely and maybe comment on the weather as you pass them. If they ignore your pleasant greeting it will just show them up for what they are. Ignorant and selfish. Please don't let it get to you, they're really not worth it.

Take care

• the max
    the max

hope that brought a smile to your face if nothing else, JLP ir correct they have the problem, they in all probability know that by shunning you they are causing hurt and pain, it is mental torture, the same as solitary confinement is also a torture, We are social animals. Just try to remember they have personally enslaved there minds, and are unaware of it, indeed many will enjoy this feeling of collective punishment they are dishing out to you, How ironic, that you have to display true Christian qualitys such as demonstrating insight and long suffering, and turning the other cheek. take care

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Their actions toward you really shows they do not want to be out in service. For many this activity is very stressful and it shows on their faces. Pity them they do not know what they are doing. As the max said show true Christian qualitys. Totally ADD

• rebel8
    rebel8

Drop to the ground suddenly, thrash around and babble, then with a gutteral voice claim you are a demon and the demon is happy the dubs are doing recruitment work in his region.

Talk about Graber translating the NWT and how your demon is alligned with the wts.

Bonus points if you roll your eyes to the back of your head and find some way to make your mouth froth a bit.

They will either not come to your neighborhood or they will crap their pants when they see you approaching next time.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Don't get me started...I have been doing this for years with the dubs in my life and it's the only thing that works. And it's fun...so that's a bonus.

Ask some advice to start up a conversation:

Are tampons appropriate for True Christians?

Any good recipes using Miracle Wheat berries?

If an apostate spat on me, could I catch rabies?

My mom has psoriasis. Should I dip her in bird's blood?

Is reflexology a better remedy than medications?
  • Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Don't talk to them unless you have an audience.

Don't talk to them quietly.

Don't talk to them about anything they want to talk about.

Don't talk to them about scripture.

Don't tell them anything.

Ask them questions that they don't want the general public asking because truthful answers make them sound like a cult, out loud, with an audience, be really really nice about it, just loud.

Remember at all times .......... there is no point in a JW behaving like a real prick if no 'worldly' is watching. Make it happen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit