Hits the nail right on the head!!!

by iamwhoiam 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• iamwhoiam
  • Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Thanks for sharing, that was great. Reminded me of the book Mistakes Were Made But Not By Me.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Very good. I like the point that if someone does not agree with your viewpoint you assume:

1. They don't have all the information you have - Ignorance
    2. If they still don't agree you assume they are stupid - idiocy
    3. If you realise they are as intelligent as you and the still don't agree you assume they are evil.

Sounds like the July 15 Watchtower, though it works both ways and former Witnesses make the same assumptions about the Governing Body.

• steve2
    steve2

BTT

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Excellent points made! I need to get her book. It sounds like a topic similiar to Mistakes Were Made (but not by me) by Carol Tavris/Elliot Aronson.

• garyneal
    garyneal

I like it, nice...

• steve2
    steve2

The ideas of owning our mistakes and not trying to be right sound very appealing. Everything else is puffery and pretence, or as they say in business school, "impression management".

• 3Mozzies
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Mmm so who is willing to say that most of us here have it wrong about JWs and that they have the truth after all? Any takers, as badboy used to say?

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Interesting, I,m 61 and finally I've realized something about myself and the org helped me do that. I wasn't raised in I chose it and I thought it was right and later realized it was wrong and this wasn't my first mistake.

But i realized that I wanted something and I kept thinking I found it but I was misled by information I thought made sense and in retrospect i see that people can argue for something and it can seem to make alot of sense and in the end be wrong so now I'm a bit more careful. I've always wanted to find the truth about existence and I've followed many paths now one thing I know is you have to step outside of your culture and try not to look for what you want or think you want to be so.

I don't know the answers I've been wrong thought my info was solid. The wtbs in no uncertain terms brought it all home to me. So yea whatever now I'm just trying to think clearly about what's in front of me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit