Can We Please Stop Referring To The Simplified English Watchtower A The Dumbed Down Version

by Philadelphia Ponos 64 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
    cantleave

Sorry, The watchtower is dumbed down, whatever edition you take. It is produced by a dumbed down organisation, for dumbed down readers like djeggnog!

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Call it what you will, it is still a nonsensical logic pretzel.

• sd-7
    sd-7

I think it's fair to refer to it as the Simplified Edition. That's what it is. But in comparing the two side by side, I'm not entirely convinced that it would be materially easier for someone with a limited grasp of English to read the Simplified Edition. Whatever the case, speaking for myself, I understand the intent of this edition and it's not Watchtower For Dummies. The melting pot resulting from immigration--and the lack of enough foreign language groups, apparently--has required this new version to be made. And I think it makes it easy for kids, too. Just so long as they grow out of it when they get old enough...

This does make me think of why an international brotherhood has only Americans/Europeans on its Governing Body. But that's another story.

--sd-7

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Funny Thread

Worrying about someone who can`t speak english..

Reading english..

Whats going to happen when they figure out the word Happified doesn`t exist?..

They`re going to realise every Watchtower is Dumbed Down..

mutley-ani1.gif image by GeneralWaco ...OUTLAW

• White Dove
    White Dove

Read page one so will comment on it.

No, the society does not care one little bit about ESL students, unless they can make converts of them.

They will never encourage anyone to study with them and work with them in ESL if that study is not progressing to baptism, used to be within 6 months.

Drop 'em after 6 months.

Charity is not their way.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Why would they bother making literature for people's SECOND language when they ALREADY have literature in people's FIRST?

Have they given up, or are they preparing to give up, on foreign language groups and congregations in the USA because of the massive brain-drain it is causing within English congregations?

• steve2
    steve2

See the new Watchtower become more popular than the old one.

See all of the witnesses read it.

All of them need to read it because they are not educated.

See them answer all the questions and get them right. See them all smile. See Jehovah's people walk into the new system. Jehovah will kill all the bad people who do not read the new Watchtower. Jehovah will wipe the smile from their faces.They will not be smiling when the face death.

Good people read the new Watchtower and do what it tells them to do. They will not be destroyed.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

Sorry, The watchtower is dumbed down, whatever edition you take. It is produced by a dumbed down organisation, for dumbed down readers like djeggnog!

Yup. Let's call a spade a spade.

Hey, here's a related thought. Will the dumbed down issue be recieving a audio version too? If so, will they be getting Ben Stein in his Ferris Bueller voice to do the reading?

• NeckBeard
    NeckBeard

If you thought the regular Kool Aid Watchtower hit rock bottom for stupidity, the bOrg has set a new lower standard!!!

• NeckBeard
    NeckBeard

Watchtower or Dummies! Now with MOAR PICTURES!

This month's issue makes it simple.

Do this:

Or Jehoba will do you like this!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit