Mr. Falcon Asks: Harrassed? Exiled? Lost your family? It's okay..... You're just dealing with IMPERFECT MEN.

by Mr. Falcon 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

I'm pretty sure everyone here has been "counseled" with this little gem. "Oh sure, that does seem impractical" or "yes, Brother Headup-Hisass shouldn't have done that.......BUT you must remember that we are dealing with imperfect men."

Did I do that?

Few responses insult your intelligence as much as the above statement does. Are we really to accept that someone who takes a position where they wield considerable influence and authority over weak-minded people can operate with zero accountability, even having mistakes written off as "imperfect men"? Really?

Physicians are entrusted with special duties and responsiblities concerning the health of their patients. They are issued licenses to operate and dispense drugs to heal a person. Therefore, if a physician was lazy, incompetant, careless and unqualified, resulting in the death or harm to their patient, would it be reasonable to expect the victim and their family to simply write off the physicians actions as "human error"?

Hi, everybody!

Now, I'm all for the realization of human error. Pencil have erasers, no? Yet we are not speaking of simple everyday errors that are minor annoyances. We are speaking about specific positions of authority whereas if the appointed person isn't qualified, great harm could result.

Is it wrong to demand a higher standard from these men, instead of overlooking their mistakes or lack of (real) training as "imperfect men"?

What say you?

I'm listening...

• sir82
    sir82

Yeah, they are very quick to play the "imperfect men" card....

Until you call someone out, personally, on a mistake he himself made. Then watch the flubbering blubbering harrumphing self-justification and, if needed, outright lying, to save face.

I see it on our BOE all the time "Everything I do is perfect...if a publisher complains, it's because he/she is too sensitive...if someone complains to you, you should automatically take the side of the elders and questions the complainers' motives..."

It is quite vomit-inducing.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

"Everything I do is perfect...if a publisher complains, it's because he/she is too sensitive...if someone complains to you, you should automatically take the side of the elders and questions the complainers' motives..."

I've noticed this too, sir82. Have you personally called out an elder on a mistake? What became of him?

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

okay, so nobody else has anything else to say. In that case here is a gratuitous photo of Christina Hendricks.

• unshackled
    unshackled

Ahhh Joanie. What were you talking about again?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

The "being imperfect" card never worked for me when I was being counselled for having a moustache. I guess that excuse is only valid for serious offenses.

The Christina Hendricks pic woke me up. Thanks, I really needed some inspiration today.

W

• unshackled
    unshackled

It is all part of the control structure, those in positions of authority can't be questioned. "Imperfect men" is just a slippery way of covering up the double standards. I think the "power" given to elders goes to their head, the social status and authority corrupts them.

I know my own father has always been desperate to hold onto his elder position. Youngest sister was still living at home but said she wouldn't attend meetings anymore. Still a teen, he pawned her off on my oldest sister because they "couldn't handle her anymore". Before doing that, he went to their lawyers and wanted to know their rights for simply kicking her out. She's not a bad kid...just a typical teenager. Saving his elder ass is all he was doing.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

Finally-Free - a moustache? c'mon. Really? wow. When was this? Christina Hendricks' body is relative to my interests.

unshackled - That's a shame about your sister. I've known of other J-dubb kids who while not actually being "bad" kids, didn't see eye-to-eye with some of the WTBS policies and therefore were abandoned by their parents. Their fathers would flip out on them and throw in their faces the consequences that their actions would bring on HIS position. Nevermind being a father, the cult comes first!

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I'm pretty sure everyone here has been "counseled" with this little gem. "Oh sure, that does seem impractical" or "yes, Brother Headup-Hisass shouldn't have done that.......BUT you must remember that we are dealing with imperfect men."

I would ask them what measures they have taken to counteract this sometimes dreadful flaw? Their reply would be that it's not as bad as we think and the measures are in place. Yet, in reality, there are little to no measures taken and the frequency of dreadful imperfects deeds are much more than reported. It's funny how a story of a Smurf doll coming to life within a kingdom hall travels faster along the gossip circles than real horror stories of pedophilia and the abuse of total power.

This is corruption at it's highest form. Permeating the social community with a life of it's own.

-Sab

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MR. FALCON:

Sorry, but this excuse of imperfection doesn't cut it with me. They have played this tune out too long.

Imperfect men is one thing, but imperfect men who expect to be looked up to and treated as if they are appointed by holy spirit is another thing entirely, especially when they are screwing up people's lives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit