Anyone into fishing?

by Nickolas 20 Replies latest social physical

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Love to catch native rainbows or brook trout are very tasty as well

Yes, we had introduced eastern brookies west of the Rockies up in Canada, too. Some got to be enormous. 6-7 pounders, and they outfought the rainbows but without the acrobatics.

Trolled for Lake Trout...my record was a 27-pounder.

Wow. That had to have been a thrill. Biggest laker I ever boated was more than ten pounds lighter than that. I took it out of a long, narrow lake called Chuchi in the BC back country. It was the best tasting lake trout I'd ever eaten. Almost indistinguishable from halibut.

I'm bringing along my dutch ovens and will be making dutch oven dinners like: Chicken Pot Pie, Pork Pot Roast, and maybe some Chile Verde.

Don't know why but your post made my mouth water. Here's hoping you time it right. Must be awesome.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Here's a few I've landed over the years:

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Niiiiiiiiiiiiice

We had so much fish on board last weekend we shredded the bush in the prop getting home The village has been well supplied with smoked fish this week.

The prop has been replaced, the knots are retied, but I forgot to mark that spot on the gps, so don't ask.

Chris

• unshackled
    unshackled

Wow. That had to have been a thrill. Biggest laker I ever boated was more than ten pounds lighter than that. I took it out of a long, narrow lake called Chuchi in the BC back country. It was the best tasting lake trout I'd ever eaten. Almost indistinguishable from halibut.

Nickolas...that 27-pounder was good but not near some of the bigger ones pulled out of that fishing camp. I was there when a 45-pounder was caught. But I believe their record was in the 50s for that lake. Think the biggest Lake Trout ever caught on rod & reel was 70 lbs in the Great Bear Lake.

Low-Key...what a sweet collection of pics! I've lost so many of my old fishing pics....incl. my 27er dammit.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Very nice Low-Key!

I love to salmon fish in Alaska...my best King is a feisty 50.5 lb beauty I caught in the ocean, so it was "fight on"!! Also tagged and released a 200 lb + halibut...

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Just came back from fly fishing in Belize in February...Bone, Tarpon and Snook...tried for a Permit, but no bites. Fun stuff!!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I will be deep sea fishing in Hawaii Thursday 26th.

• unshackled
    unshackled

jwfacts...nice! Always wanted to go deep sea fishing. What will you be fishing for....swordfish?

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

I see mullet jump every damn day!

Me too! Ladyfish also, and the occasional tarpon.

;-)

• Pika_Chu
    Pika_Chu

I like fishing in video games about fishing...does that count?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit