Anyone into fishing?

by Nickolas 20 Replies latest social physical

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Check this out. The farther into the video the more insane it gets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3Bf0WhvsNk&feature=player_embedded

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I love to fish, but I generally like to stick to traditional fly fishing tactics, rather than flying fish tactics.

The silver carp in the video were introduced to US waters from Asia. They are considered an invasive species and pretty much take over any body of water in which they are introduced. There have been several cases of people being severely injured by these acrobatic fish. One woman broke her back when she was struck by a flying silver carp while waterskiing.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

I learned to love fly fishing during five summers in northern BC. Nothing like latching onto a big Gerrard on a 6 or 7 weight rod. In the better rivers I used to carry a sawed off Remington 870 as backup for the canister of pepper spray I had hanging around my neck but never had occasion to use either. Caught lots of great rainbows, though, and a number of enormous bull trout. During the winter we's use flies through the ice. Caught lots but just not the same.

I was amazed by this video. Never saw or heard of anything like it.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I see mullet jump every damn day!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctp1oHEkOpk

But, have you ever seen barracuda jump?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2-ra9NnTeg

• sabastious
    sabastious

My friend and I caught a 3 and a 4 pound bass yesterday out of a local fresh water lake called Whiskeytown Lake. We brought some redworms and caught some fatty blue gill and then used them as bait for the bass. It was fun as all heck. I love to fish.

-Sab

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

I really enjoy smallmouth bass fishing - they're great eating, too, especially in the 2-3 pound range, but the bigger ones are more fun to catch. Best I did last year was around 4-5 pounds, so sounds like you've got some great spots in your area.

• flipper
    flipper

I love trout fishing in the Sierra Nevada mountains. Love to catch native rainbows or brook trout are very tasty as well. I do a fair amount of backpacking in the deep reaches of the Sierra mountains . Love to get away from the crazy civilization occasionally into the back woods

• sherry123
    sherry123

I LOVE to fish and am planning to get my new liscence soon.

• unshackled
    unshackled

Yep, love fishing. Though as I get older, and with home ownership, seems I have less and less time for it.
    Used to spend my summers on the riverbank fishing for walleye. Also, neighbors owned a fishing camp up north. I'd mow their lawn in the summer and they'd send me there for a few days or a week. Trolled for Lake Trout...my record was a 27-pounder.

Thinking about it...I wanna go fishing now.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I'm getting geared up for my yearly birthday trip to the Deschutes River in Central Oregon. This is a gold ribbon trout river, with about 5,000 hefty trout per river mile. I've tied up all the flies I'll need and have very satisfying full fly boxes. I've got boxes for nymphs, dry flies, streamers, etc. This river gets one of the most insane stonefly/salmonfly hatches ever. During these hatches, the air is just full of giant bugs and the trout go nuts. I have a nice Clackacraft drift boat and will be putting it to work. It'll be a 3-night campout too. I'm bringing along my dutch ovens and will be making dutch oven dinners like: Chicken Pot Pie, Pork Pot Roast, and maybe some Chile Verde.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit