No Memorial for us, We did this instead....

by cantleave 18 Replies latest jw friends

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Good for you and the boy. Beaver Scouts? How do I sign up?

No mem. for me either. Drinkin a whole bunch of Trader Vic's rum and a little orange juice out of a big-ass Slurpee cup.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

He is soo cute in his little uniform. Glad you had a great day spending time with your precious son. That is certainly more important then attending the WT's shunning Jesus party. Peace, Lilly

• SlipnSlide
    SlipnSlide

I went to Krispee Kreme instead. Damn, the red HOT sign was on and I could not resist. I did not want to be around a bunch of hypocrites.

• nugget
    nugget

It makes such a difference to our children that we are no longer trapped in the organisation. They have a real opportunity to connect with other people and take pleasure in what they do. It is sad that the organisation makes no effort to celebrate their children, there are no special meetings devoted to them the only exception being special field service days that may end in a picnic. The message is clear that they are workers.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

The smile on his face says it all.

Good for you!!

• nugget
    nugget

Broken Promises Kes talked about it and had such a great time. I don't recall him ever saying how much he enjoyed a single meeting or convention. Very telling. Why should religion feel like punnishment it is mad to put children through it. No wonder so many of them leave. The organisations arrogant one size fits all attitude to families is just lazy.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Awesome. I am so happy for you and your family.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Sure beats going to the Kingdumb Hell, listening to a piece of Kingdumb sxxx, listening to a discourse of who is not to partake, watching the plate of stale crackers and glass of spoiled grape juice going around with no one partaking, and a hounding session. And then having to fight the attendants, who can't direct traffic, to get out of the dump when the event concludes. Plus, you got some exercise and fresh air--and some better music.

• cantleave
    cantleave

WTWizard - the brass band were great, arrived at the church playing the "Dam Busters March" - very cool!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit