No Memorial for us, We did this instead....

by cantleave 18 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
    cantleave

The St. Georges parade at the village church. Our son was a flag bearer for his Beaver Scout Group

• cantleave
    cantleave

It was a blast our Son enjoyed holding up the traffic to allow the parade to cross and he said the music was really catchy. The band play Dam busters theme and in church the hymn was to the music of "what shall we do with the drunken sailor". It was a jolly service short and sweet with loads of audience participation. Everyone came out the church with huge smiles.

What a contrast to the solemn meeting many will endure later today.

• nugget
    nugget

It was very odd going into a church during a service. what was interesting was that the chaplin spent time explaining how the death and resurrection of Jesus made it possible for everyone to be a friend of God.

Whether you hold religious affiliation or not it is refreshing to be in a place where you are not being ranked as less than someone else. The message was a universal one that everyone had the same opportunity. As a witness and member of the rank and file you are always being told that the scriptures are not written to you but to the annointed. That the hope mentioned is not for you but the annointed and that Jesus didn't die for you or mediate for you.

The focus was on the resurrection of Jesus and not the death and betrayal. The witnesses seem to have missed the whole point focusing on the negative not the positive. how typical of them.

There was much to enjoy today not only being part of a community event and stopping the traffic was cool even though in the village it amounted to 6 cars in total. It was a relaxed happy event and I am glad we did it.

• boyzone
    boyzone

What a great way to spend the day! Congratulations to little cantleave and his traffic calming efforts.

I sold at a car boot sale today and made £170. Directly behind me was a brother and sister who had set up a stall covered in old literature to give away, they were v-e-r-y quiet.

But I guess it was easy time when you're pioneering.

• cantleave
    cantleave

4hrs at a Booty, what a cushy number. Last time I pioneered I counted time travelling to a Public talk at Freshwater and the journey home!!!

• hotspur
  • Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Sounds like fun.

I'm just delighted to learn that there are "Beaver Scouts". I've done a little "beaver scoutin'" in my day. ;)

• cantleave
    cantleave

lol low-key. Beaver scouting is such fun

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I bet that your son will remember this day for the rest of his life. How many memorials do you think he'll remember?

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

What a much more fun way for a little boy to spend the day than waiting around to go to a boring memorial.

Hopscotch

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit