The Lord's Memorial Day

by lovelylil 45 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird

I went ahead and posted the link, Lilly.

I'm still digesting the info myself.

There is soooooo much to unlearn!

LOL.

Syl

• cattails
    cattails

I attended the memorial this evening. I partook of the emblems.

As a "conscious class" member I boldly carried my Kingdom Interlinear Translation with me to the meeting.

It's good to remember our Lord's ransoming sacrifice and his resurrection.

• tec
    tec

Thank you Syl, and Lilly.

Tammy

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Well done to you cattails, and sending love to you too Tammy & Syl.

Loz x

• trevor
    trevor

Tammy - just enjoy a glass of red wine and dedicate the occasion to Jesus.

I have no such excuse but will have one anyway - a sort of insurance policy.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Oh, dear tec... the greatest of love and peace to you... and forgive me for not remembering you!!! It just didn't cross my mind that you were alone/ didn't have/know anyone to share our Lord's meal with hear you! That will NOT happen again, at least as far as "sharing" our Lord's meal. Next year, you can share with us, via phone, if you wish... and you don't have to wait until next year. Just let me know... and we can do it anytime. FYI - You DON'T have to have another just to partake. Surely, when the Apostles were scattered/exiled, that didn't stop their personal observance. Also, if the "shared celebration/Passover" part is really important to you (and that's totally okay), any Israelite who missed the celebration could do it a month later. If you like, we can do that. Either way, you don't have to let another day... or year... pass. Please... PM/email me and let me know what you'd like to do and how.

This year, I "celebrated" at home with my husband (who didn't want me to go out and delay getting over this infection or risk "infecting" others). It was short, sweet, and quiet. My daily observance, however, I often do alone... because I like to do my accompanying prayer in private. So, sometimes my husband and I "share"... sometimes we meet with and share with others... and sometimes we do it individually and privately.

Again, my sincerest apologies for not considering you (somehow, I think I thought your husband would participate with you but now that I think of it that was an error).

Peace to you and your household, my dear one!

YOUR servant, sister, and fellow slave of Christ,

SA

• watersprout
    watersprout

Awww Tammy i will do it with you online anytime if you want to.

You were all in my thoughts last night.

Shelby i'm glad you stayed at home, i was really worried you would go to the hall and catch something horrid! I hope you had a wonderful evening. I like to partake of the emblems and give thanks privately to. I feel it's something thats between me and our Lord. Babysprout has recently started taking it and really understanding what it all means. Usually when i go to take the emblems i aske her if she wants to join me and she always replies ''thats ok mom i took them earlier''... She likes to bring me the crackers and say ''mom i have your angel bread, come on''... She a precious little madam! Lol

I'm loving this thread!

Peace

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Hi everyone,

For those observing their memorial tonight, happy memorial night! Just finished partaking in my home, did another celebration after supper tonight in honor of my Jewish Christian Friends. My husband Ray (Roc68), who just joined this forum but did not introduce himself yet, gave a nice pray over the bread and then the wine.

He also partook this year for the second time, An option he would not have been given as a Jehovah's Witness. We are now out 7 years and counting.

Peace to all, Lilly

• journey-on
    journey-on

lovelylil, thanks for this thread. Lots of uplifting comments and information. As usual, Shelby, your informative elaboration is very much appreciated. You have a way of putting things in proper perspective for us that clarifies and builds up.

I am about to observe the memorial tonight. I do it in private, alone. I would very much like it if "two or three were gathered together", but, there is nobody nearby that I am aware of that is of like mind, so I pray the "second witness" will be there in spirit.

• tec
    tec

I am partaking this evening, and have invited my children to do so with me. I know that Syl is also, and I will also think of you, JO. I thought of all of you last night as well, who were partaking.

Shelby and Watersprout, (peace and love to you both) thank you so much. I just want to partake, and for some reason the memorial night had to come and go before I realized that I didn't have to wait for it, and don't have to wait for it next year either. So it doesn't have to be at the memorial, though I wish now that I had gone and partaken, if only to perhaps give someone who wants to partake some added strength to feel that they can do so as well. Plus I rejected Christ once, in order to follow their rules, and I would like to make that right. I may go next year. I will pray about it.

Perhaps next year, all of us who wish to partake for the Lord's Supper, but who have no one physically with us, can also get together on-line to do so. Or even anytime :)

Trevor, thank you for keeping things simple and to the point. Cut out all worries about ritual and proper procedure and such, and simply remember who you are drinking and eating for. I like that.

Peace to you all,

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit