Snubbed big time last night.

by watersprout 38 Replies latest jw friends

• watersprout
  • watersprout
    watersprout

Sorry hit wrong button.

Walked into the supermarket last night and walked straight into a sister who knew Carrot from when he was a baby. She had a steely look of determination on her face and she didn't blink. Usually when people almost walk into me like that i get a smile and a ''oh i'm sorry''. Vice versa from me. She wouldn't even look at us. Her heart must have been pounding as she came face to face with the apostates! As we walked away we started laughing as Carrot had never been snubbed before and found it rather unbelievable. I said very loudly so this sister could hear ''oh the love those jehovahs witnesses have is overwhelming''... We were giggling like teenagers and as i turned back round another sister was stood at the bottom of the ailse staring at us with utter contemt and hatred etched all over her face. I fell apart. I have a very loud dirty laugh. She flounced away. Now this sister is the same age as us married to an elder, daughter of the po. She is a nasty nasty woman and made my me and my sister's life hell... As we walked up the alcoholic bevearges ailse theis sister and her hubby were studying the wines. We walked past them and we felt them stiffen up and go quiet! Seriously what did they think we were going to do! Poison them with our apostate views! We got to the till and they didn't come out of the ailse, they actually stayed by the wines to make sure we had gone before they felt safe enough to emerge! It's pathetic and i'm soo glad i'm out!

We will probably be hot topic of converstation tonight at their annual ''satanic reject Christ'' party.

Peace

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Yes, you've gotta laugh.

I remember feeling nervous when I saw a df'd person. Looking back, I have no idea why. It's not like they were going to do anything to me.

• the max
    the max

that (the lack of love) was the clincher for me, as my best friend, a MS, at the time told me, he had never met a group of people who were nastier to each other than JW,s. Lovebombed to death until baptised, then cast aside like shit, when they could no longer count their time, and I am just as giulty, looking down on others(non jw,s) as poor unfortunates, describing everyone else as walking corpses, boy was i an asshole, and still see that arrogance in most of them today, love is an alien concept to them,Power, status,jelousy,backstabbing, for me are the true characteristics of a witness.On a lighter note its a beautiful day here in Ediburgh,My wifes birthday, hope your family are well.

• wobble
    wobble

Interestingly, though I have not been DF'd or DA'd, I am just a poor lost sheep LOL, I have been snubbed a couple of times, but this is rare, most dubs are civil and send their love to wifey etc.

I think the ones who pretend not to see me know they are not equipped to discuss religion, or the bible, with me.

I only ever did the snubbing thing once to anybody, and that was in the early seventies, I felt so bad for doing it that I vowed never to do it again, and I never did, I always said a civil "hello" as you would to anyone that you knew.

I thought in later years that I might get "counselled" about it, because if any DF'd person came to the K.H I would welcome them the same as anybody, and find them a seat that suited them, with their family say, none of this they have got to sit at the back bollocks.

No one ever said a word to me about it, whether all the Elders agreed that civil, kindly treatment showing love, was the right thing, or whether they knew I would show them from the bible my way was right, I don't know.

But most Dubs display the fear you speak of, it just shows the extent to which the demonisation done by the WT has worked, and it will get worse once they have studied the July 15th WT.

Cults either get more hard-line, or go mainstream, I think the WT is showing signs of getting more paranoid, and more hard-line.

• nugget
    nugget

Glad you could see the funny side. It is the witnesses who suffer really in this situation they are still so concerned about following a rule that they loose their humanity. It was probably a virtual slap in the face that this woman didn't have the power to ruin your day since that is obviously what she intended to do. They only have the power over us that we grant them in any case.

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

An expression comes very often to mind now:

" In the last days ...... "having no natural affection".

It is not natural to act the way they do. It is rather jdubs who have no natural affection.

As you so rightly said: you can see the uneasyness and even the contempt and hatred.

None of that is normal. They must feel really bad inside.

• watersprout
    watersprout
    I remember feeling nervous when I saw a df'd person. Looking back, I have no idea why. It's not like they were going to do anything to me.

I think it's all to so with the fear that's engrained within you from the patform. An apostate is more evil than an pedo, murderer, rapist etc.

boy was i an asshole,

I had my moments lol. I didn't know you were from Edinburgh. How's the weather by you, it's really hot and beautiful sunshine down here. My family are great thanks, hubby has just finished watching the F1 and i'm popping out in a bit to get his b'day goodies. Happy birthday to your wife. I hope you are spoiling her?? Hope your family are well??

Interestingly, though I have not been DF'd or DA'd

Thats the thing, i am not d'fed or d'ad! I am just a fader. I am treated like i am d'fed. I dread to think what's been said about me. I mean i chose Christ over them! Good God i am truly evil!

It was probably a virtual slap in the face that this woman didn't have the power to ruin your day since that is obviously what she intended to do

Yeah you could see that on her face, she really wanted to exert her self appointed worthiness over us! I can't bear her. When we were teenagers we had a party and she kicked my dog all because Gert wanted to say hello. My sister went ape s*@t and kicked her back. It just goes to show the mentality, kicking a dog??

None of that is normal. They must feel really bad inside.

They must rot from the inside out. I swear that's why so many of them age so badly, there is no love, peace or joy in their lives it's just pure hatred! hatred is not good for the soul.

Peace

• still thinking
    still thinking

I cant believe they cannot see how horrible that is. Surely their conscience must prick....just a little????

Since I have just told them I no longer want to study because I don't agree with the organisation, does this mean I can expect to be treated this way if I see anyone while I'm out? Or is this just special treatment saved for the baptised.

• watersprout
    watersprout

Hi still thinking, it tends to be worse if you are baptised, they can still count their time if they stop to speak to you. You are very lucky to have seen the light before you got sucked in. These people don't have a conscience, it's drilled into them to avoid the dirty apostates like you would the black plague.

Peace

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit