Am I mistaken or are these stupid mistakes on watchtower.org?

by WontLeave 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I didn't think that any of the participants were anointed until Pentacost some time later when the Holy Spirit was poured out. Did I miss something?

• TheClarinetist
    TheClarinetist

I think that there is some disagreement over the exact order of events. I did a Google survey (because all the scriptures just confuse me...), and it seems there are opinions both ways within many different religions. I wouldn't consider that a stupid mistake to hold an opinion held by many people... Which is correct, I don't know. Personally, I think the accounts are flawed because the events never happened.

I'm interested in knowing more about the Nisan 14th/15th thing, though. Do you have a source?

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

A couple of JWs just stopped by. How convenient. I had them hold on a minute while I grabbed my invitation and Bible. I asked them why they're having it tonight, when it's only Palm Sunday and not Easter Sunday (playing dumb). I let them get themselves nice and wrapped up in the Nisan 14th thing. I had to bite my tongue while they "educated" me about how a Jewish day and lunar calendar work. Then I asked what day it is right now, on the Jewish calendar and they said "The 13th." And the trap was sprung.

I showed them from Exodus that the lamb/kid was slaughtered on the 14th and eaten that night (next Jewish day). I showed them in the Gospels the apostles were wandering around looking for a place to hold Passover at the time the animal would have been slaughtered, placing that squarely on the 14th. Then, after sundown, they had the Passover, clearly making it Nisan 15th.

The waffling, excuses, pathetic attempts to make it seem complicated were amusing. I told them the Jews were having Passover tomorrow night and if they needed to know the day, all they had to do was ask them.

All-in-all, they were pretty nice, so I kept it pleasant. I am amassing a little JW ministry with the ones who come knocking. I'm always willing to engage in anyone who knocks on my door and wants to talk about the Bible. Mormons and Witnesses are easy, because they come to me. Perhaps the Holy Spirit sent these ones to my door today. I might be anointed, so maybe I should go have some free wine and nasty bread.

• LV101
    LV101

i was discussing the memorial w/friend who is back attending public talks after leaving w/tower yrs. ago and how JUDAS WAS A PARTICIPANT in book of John and shared the bread and this should prove the fallacy of the two separate classes and even the non-annointed (JW talk) should partake. her answer was at the time JUDAS participated in the meal HE HAD NOT YET SINNED - DUH! well, Jesus and Judas obviously knew what was about to transpire yet he was still allowed to partake. at this point she was sidetracked w/customer and i left to chat later w/her.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse
    I didn't think that any of the participants were anointed until Pentacost some time later when the Holy Spirit was poured out. Did I miss something?

Um yes, you're right! How did I never think about this?!

The whole religion is just misdirection, much like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJG698U2Mvo

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

HE HAD NOT YET SINNED

Actually, if you look a few verses ahead, Judas had already made the arrangements to betray Jesus.

Then one of the twelve, the one called Judas Is·car′i·ot, went to the chief priests and said: “What will YOU give me to betray him to YOU?” They stipulated to him thirty silver pieces. So from then on he kept seeking a good opportunity to betray him. - Mat 26:14-16
    And Judas Is·car′i·ot, one of the twelve, went off to the chief priests in order to betray him to them. When they heard it, they rejoiced and promised to give him silver money. So he began seeking how to betray him conveniently. - Mark 14:10-11
    Now the festival of the unfermented cakes, the so-called Passover, was getting near. Also, the chief priests and the scribes were seeking the effective way for them to get rid of him, for they were in fear of the people. But Satan entered into Judas, the one called Is·car′i·ot, who was numbered among the twelve; and he went off and talked with the chief priests and [temple] captains about the effective way to betray him to them. Well, they rejoiced and agreed to give him silver money. So he consented, and he began to seek a good opportunity to betray him to them without a crowd around. - Luke 22:1-6

In case you're trying to figure out how to work the Watchtower mistakes into conversation with a JW who comes to your door, the website is on the invitations. You can just say you went to the website after receiving one and had some questions. Since - being a Christian and in light of the season - you were reading the Bible about the last days of Christ on earth, you noticed some things didn't match what was online. This way you won't tip them off that you "know too much" and are an "opposer" or "apostate". Keep their wall down and keep them listening. Maybe, just maybe, they'll allow the Bible to speak to them without the taint of Watchtower spin.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

WontLeave Can you tell us which publication it is you have shown in your original post? Are there other publications that also state that Judas left before the bread and wine were passed around ? Hopefully there are some recent publications that show this otherwise they'll excuse this and old light.

Thanks !

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

It's on watchtower.org, the official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. The very top link - "Reliving Jesus’ Last Days on Earth ", with a picture of Jesus next to it. Just scroll down to Nisan 14.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Thanks CL...do you know if they try to explain why they say that Judas left beforehand ? It seems so obvious that he was there....they must have a good explainaton or else they really messed up. I mean this is their one big celebation...if they missed this detail...what else did they get wrong?

• still thinking
    still thinking

exwhyzee Hi there, you can also find this in the What does the Bble Really Teach? book. Page 206 The Lord's Evening Meal. 3rd paragraph.

"Jesus celebrated the passover with his apostles, Dismissed Judas Iscariot, and then instituted the Lord's Evening Meal. This meal replaced the Jewish Passover and therefore should be observed only once a year."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit