Am I mistaken or are these stupid mistakes on watchtower.org?

by WontLeave 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• still thinking
    still thinking
    Once Judas has left, Jesus introduces a meal to commemorate his impending death

Oh my goodness, I knew when they told me Judas had left that something didn't sound right about that. But I accepted it as fact. **kicking self**

Obviously, if Judas could partake this would mean that it wasn't only the annointed that were told to continue doing this in memory of him. Judas wasn't there as an observer, he wasn't even asked to leave the room. He was a participant.

No wonder they need to tell people this. It supports their annointed bull*hit and of course, as you say. Who is really going to check it out or question what they say.

It seems such an insignificant little sentence. But the implications are huge!!!

• Married to the Mob
    Married to the Mob

I have got into this with the MIL and she claims the Wt is right and I don't know my bible,

however if you read each gospel and not cherry pick lines as done by WBTS Judas was definitely there.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton
    Oh my goodness, I knew when they told me Judas had left that something didn't sound right about that. But I accepted it as fact. **kicking self**

Kicking self twice!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I never knew the Nisan information. Thanks for pointing it out, Wont Leave. So they killed the lamb on the 14th and ate it on the 15th as part of the Passover meal, correct?

The thing about Judas was always a problem for me. John says he was there. There is no scriptural evidence otherwise. And the Borg used to make liberal use of "evidently" when asserting that Judas left. All of those were red flags to me.

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

Once Judas has left, Jesus introduced a special meal for the generation that will never die. And they overlapped forever after. Amen.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Wontleave & Lovedocter,

Thanks so much for posting this on this thread. I just now brought this out to my hubby and he insisted the WT was right until I read the scriptures to him.

It goes to show you how insidious the WT really is. They state things in the WT as if it is fact and only use a small portion of scripture to "prove" it. That is how the r&f get dupped into believing what they are saying is in the bible itself. It is not until you read the entire account in the bible that you see the WT is wrong! The WT has sytematically replaced the bible for their members with the magazines.

Thanks again for bringing this out. Peace, Lilly

• AuntBee
    AuntBee

The thing that stood out to me as a "mistake" was Luke 22:19, translated as "This MEANS my body." I have never seen that in any translation. Even the NWT almost always translates that word "is" except here, and in the other "Communion" passages. wow. They're putting in their own opinion/commentary/paraphrase into a so called actual translation!!

"Third person singular present indicative of ε?μ? (G1510) " (Strongs)

This is so egregious! Even though there have been reams written about the exact meaning of "is" here, no Protestant scholar would translate that word as "means".

Hey, this solves the whole historical Eucharistic controversy! If i'm ever arguing with a Catholic, i'll just whip out my NWT, and say, look, it means "means" not IS. Problem solved. LOL.

• Desilusionnee
    Desilusionnee

I read Luke 22:19-22 to hubby. He told me Luke is not written chronologically. We then read Mark and Matthew. He started to think and said I should also read John. John is THE reference JW take to prove Judas had left before the bread and wine. But, as WontLeave has pointed out, John doesn't say that. When Judas left it's obvious they had already eaten.

And after the morsel then Satan entered into the latter. Jesus, therefore, said to him: “What you are doing get done more quickly.” 28 However, none of those reclining at the table knew for what purpose he said this to him. 29 Some, in fact, were imagining, since Judas was holding the money box, that Jesus was telling him: “Buy what things we need for the festival,” or that he should give something to the poor. 30 Therefore, after he received the morsel, he went out immediately. And it was night. 31 Hence when he had gone out, Jesus said: “Now the Son of man is glorified, and God is glorified in connection with him.

So my husband couldn't say anything. Anyways, he is going alone with our children to the "reject Jesus party". It will be the first time I won't attend.

...some more seeds...

Dési

• moshe
    moshe

Just another example of the WTs delusion's of confusion, which is hard to explain when the actual verses are considered separately from WT teachings. Makes you wonder about the writing department boys- I am sure they know they have twisted the facts in order to keep true to established WT dogma.

• therevealer
    therevealer

Yup, truly amazing. They write that after Judas has left and then cite two scriptures to support that he hadn't. Precious.

Once Judas has left, Jesus introduces a meal to commemorate his impending death. He takes a loaf of the unleavened bread, expresses thanks in prayer, breaks it, and instructs the 11 to partake. "This means my body," he says, "which is to be given in your behalf. Keep doing this in remembrance of me." He then takes a cup of red wine. After saying a blessing, he passes the cup to them, telling them to drink out of it. Jesus adds: "This means my 'blood of the covenant,' which is to be poured out in behalf of many for forgiveness of sins."-Luke 22:19, 20; Matthew 26:26-28.

I know this is in the first entry of the thread but just had to say it again. They are loopy and so was I for being sucked in for so many years. UGH!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit