Veggie Burgers, Are You Serious?

by prophecor 23 Replies latest social current

• prophecor
    prophecor

PBS had a special on changing your eating habits from meat to vegetable meat substitutes, the health benefits and the like. Said if you just try some of the products available, you might be surprised. Boy was I ever!!!

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Have you ever seen a vegetarian who was fat, thats has been one for a length of time ?

I went on a strict vegetarian diet once and lost 20 or more pounds in about 5 weeks.

Might do so again now just to lose the weight.

• frigginconfused
    frigginconfused

I gave her a meat milkshake!

splat splat splat!!!!!!

• rebel8
    rebel8

PBS had a special on changing your eating habits from meat to vegetable meat substitutes, the health benefits and the like.

hmm...well my advice is to fact check PBS then. Processed foods are not great for your health. Also, one does not generally need "meat substitutes"--that arose from a myth about "complete proteins". If you just eat a balanced vegetarian diet you do not need to add protein.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

OUTLAW:

They make as much sense as a Meat Milk Shake.

This was on the menu at Denny's recently. http://www.dennys.com/#/menu/menu-10

Snakes (Rich )

• Mary
    Mary

Actually, Harvey's veggie burgers are pretty darn good.......I'll get one with tomatoe, mustard, relish and double pickle.........damn, now I want one!!!

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

Veggie (and nut) bugers.. They taste like crap.

- Lime

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Sure, whenever I go through a period of self loathing I'll have veggie burgers and de-alcoholized beer.

W

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Love 'em. I grew up a vegan. It's not about making it taste like a burger, it's just another thing to eat.

Speaking of which, I just got back from an ALL day BBQ at my neighbors. He's all about smoking and such, and is part of an online BBQ group. They had about 8 various smokers and Qers going all day. This was their version of an "Apostafest". Local BBQ store guy was there etc. Meat, meat all day. Tri Tip, Bratwurst, Chicken, Chicken Wings, Brisket, Pork Chops, Pork Ribs, Bacon Wrapped Meatballs, Pulled Pork..............oh and a few Asparagus.

I look forward to salad for dinner tomorrow.

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

Makes as much sense to me as kosher bacon bits.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit