The first thing I did when I left the WT....

by sherry123 34 Replies latest jw friends

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Ate a special brownie......

Anyone ever heard of Miss Jennie's in Negril

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Started celebrating holidays and birthdays.

• Locutus of Borg
    Locutus of Borg

I burned my Kult library; that took all of a beautiful summer Sunday morning. Very therapeutic. Then I went to college and got an Engineering Degree, at 49.

• finallyfree!
    finallyfree!

first thing i did was go to kfc and pick up a hot chicken wrap. there was a hot babe waiting in her car eating so i asked her out and i had one of the best lays ever. food, sex and booze!!

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

I got together a box of matches and several litres of kerosene, then commenced to obliterate all the WT literature that I had left in the house.

In retrospect, this may have been a bit hasty:

- it may have been useful to have kept those items to refer to for counter-cult purposes:

But of one thing I am sure - burning all that cult propoganda felt bloody good at the time (almost therapuetic, in fact!).

Bill.

• saltyoldlady
    saltyoldlady

First thing I did was happily acquire every apostate book I could find, read them, write to the authors of those still alive, and display all my apostate literature right out front in my living room library. It felt so good! No more living in the shadows for me.

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

The very first thing was to burn my blood directive.

• ambersun
    ambersun

Told the school we were no longer JWs so the children could now live normal lives and were allowed to have FUN. The teachers were cheering along with us!!

At the age of 40 I enrolled myself in the college course I was not allowed to do as a teenager (due to it being a total waste of time as armageddon would strike before I finished the course)

Enrolled my dog on an obedience course that was held on meeting nights. That gave me tremendous satisfaction!

Started having fun as a family, going out at weekends instead of spending them knocking doors and sitting in stuffy KHs.

The list goes on .....................

• Quandry
    Quandry

Bought a paper shredder to shred bound volumes. After burning that one out from so much continuous use, bought another one and happily continued shredding.

Then, I also enrolled in college-I am 59 and not through yet, because I have to work full time and go to school part-time, but I'm enjoying every minute of it and recommend it to all. Knowlege is power.

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

I see I'm not the only one who got laid right after leaving....

I told my family I was leaving in the morning, I went to meet my then friend (now fiance) Coffee Shop Guy that evening...it was very therapeutic and mind boggling and many other words of description that I will save for my book or made for TV movie

CHG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit