The latest July 15 WT - un-real.

by just n from bethel 26 Replies latest jw friends

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

What if they are right, and there is no middle ground, and THEY are on Satan's side?

• PublishingCult
    PublishingCult

Yes, sometimes just one turn of phrase by the GB of JW's is enough to turn the crank of rational thought inside our brains. Sometimes a simple statement by them is the water that washes the sand from our eyes.

"All such idle and troublesome behavior can distract us from the God-assigned work of Kingdom preaching [which consists of purchasing an placing WTBTS literature]. If we stop actively supporting Jehovah’s work [by purchasing an placing WTBTS literature], then we start following Satan [who does not spend any time and money purchasing and placing WTBTS literature]. There is no middle ground, [so get out there and publish, bitches!]. —Matt.12:30." ( From the article 'Will you heed Jehovah's clear warnings?' p. 18 pgph 15.

. . . is how the article should literally read.

• rebel8
    rebel8
    If we stop actively supporting Jehovah’s work, then we start following Satan. There is no middle ground.

False Dichotomy

• 2tone
    2tone

I luv the new watchtower. i cant wait to see what happens next

• agonus
    agonus

Only a Sith deals in absolutes!

• Gayle
    Gayle

from page 13

We urgently need to cultivate selfcontrol.

If our eyes tend to wander where

they should not, let us recall the firmresolve

of faithful Job, who made a formal agreement

with his own eyes—a firmdecision not

to give romantic attention to a woman not

his own wife. (Job 31:1) Similarly, King David

resolved: “I shall not set in front of

my eyes any good-for-nothing thing.” (Ps.

101:3)

"Similarly" (?!!!) about King David!!!!????? What about Bathsheba!!!!???? Did someone not proof read this paragraph!! What a blooper!

• Pika_Chu
    Pika_Chu

articles like these are the "raison d'etre" of the kool-aid editions of the WT. Maybe we would do a great service by distributing THEM in public places, so anyone potentially interested in JWs but unitiated could get a glimpse of their real nature.

@room 215, I was thinking the same thing. It's actually blatant, none of that seemingly benign fluff. People who aren't under control who read this will see just how incredibly cultish it all is. They're practically telling the reader "we're a cult! obey us or die! Shun your family!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit