The latest July 15 WT - un-real.

by just n from bethel 26 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

JUST N FROM BETHEL- Your question , " How could anybody read this Watchtower and not see it ? " I know my answer has been repeated by others thousands of times and sounds redundant , but it's true - they can't see it because they are under the influence of cult mind control inside their brains. It's just that simple. Plus- the arrogant bastards at the top don't WANT to see it. It will spoil their end game

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

JUST IN -- If we stop actively supporting Jehovah’s work, then we start following Satan. There is no middle ground. —Matt.12:30." From the article 'Will you heed Jehovah's clear warnings?' p. 18 pgph 15.

I'd like, actually, to thank the WT for this whole series of articles - coming right out and saying what I already knew as to how the GB thinks of anyone that is inactive.

LOST GEN --Its almost like you can see the handwriting that they are gonna start DFing faders and/or even inactive ones.

Recently heard that if an unbapt pub becomes inactive they have to meet with elders and make a request to re-instate their status as bapt pub again.

Makes me wonder if LOST GEN's comment is on the right track (?)

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

If we stop actively supporting Jehovah’s work, then we start following Satan. There is no middle ground.

Actually, this statement is correct. Where their logic falls apart is when they equate their work to God's work. In their eyes, unless you're knocking on doors (a very inefficient method for most JWs, although it was always good for me) or dumping piles of old mags in laundromats, then you're not preaching. No matter how much time you spend on an Internet ministry or website which offers scriptural answers to questions, it doesn't count.

They can try whatever they want: Sound cars, sandwich signs, phonographs, radio, websites, newspaper ads, public debates, conventions, etc. We are only allowed to do what they tell us to; there is no room for creativity among the unwashed rank and file. See, the Governing Body believe (or at least tell us) the ministry is theirs. They are the preachers and we're the "other sheep companions" and if we're obedient little children, we can ride their coattails through Armageddon. If it weren't for them, we'd all be screwed, so ultimately, they are our saviors.

I believe most here are somewhat familiar with the Bible. I suggest getting more familiar with it. Not so much the nit-picky details the Society likes to get bogged down in: Prophecy, parable, year counting, etc., but in the Gospel. JWs swallow the camel while straining at the gnats. They get all caught up in "times" and rules, and totally overlook Christ and Jehovah. Sure, they pay lip-service to them, but the main focus is on themselves, just like the 1st-Century Pharisees.

They'll have to answer for any they lead into idolatry or stumble from God altogether. It's our individual responsibility to make sure they don't do that. This ministry belongs to Jesus, not 7 old narcissists in NY with a messiah complex. If we feel the burning in our belly, they have no right to tell us how or to whom we are allowed to share that message.

The Governing Body keeps reminding us about Moses. They keep telling us they are the modern antitype to Moses. What a crock! Jesus is the greater Moses, not them; and the second he leaves them alone, they start making a golden calf. The only thing the Society has in common with Moses is taking credit for Jehovah's work. Moses didn't end up in the Promised Land for his single lapse of faith. What do these men think is going to come of decades of systematic blasphemy and self-praise?

• minimus
    minimus

They HATE. They are so unchristian.

• man in black
    man in black

I skimmed it over, and this comment about three bad influences really stuck out for me. Isn't it funny how they mention "unrealities" as a bad thing?

I consider waiting for the world to end as the wts states as one of the biggest unrealities that I have ever heard of !

Sorry about the formatting, I cannot change it on my end :

Are we not blessed to have Jehovah as

our Friend and Guide on life’s journey? If

we continue to heed his loving warnings

against three bad influences—the crowd,

our own hearts, and unrealities—we will be

much more likely to reach our destination

• Pika_Chu
    Pika_Chu

just n from bethel, Amen! Especially the simplified WT! I don't think they've ever been so BLATANTLY cultish! It's like they're admitting it! Gems like "We are determined not to follow apostates because we love Jehovah's organization" "We must pay atttention to the warnings in the Bible if we do not want Satan to deceive us with false stories." "We can enter into Jehovah's rest if we obey him and work with his organization." "We need to obey the faithful and discreet slave to have Jehovah's approval." And this one is truly soul-crushing! "Our love for Jehovah must be stronger than our love for family members who are not loyal to Jehovah." I about SHAT myself when I read this for the first time. Threw up a little in my mouth...

• Pika_Chu
    Pika_Chu

103rd post! Yeah!!! I missed my 100th though...

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

JUSTNFROMBETHEL:

Well, one thing's for certain, they are not scaring me back into activity.

If I get DF'd for being a 'fader' they will have solved my dilemma of whether or not I will attend next year's memorial. There would be no point.

Let them go on their witch-hunt.

• Room 215
    Room 215

articles like these are the "raison d'etre" of the kool-aid editions of the WT. Maybe we would do a great service by distributing THEM in public places, so anyone potentially interested in JWs but unitiated could get a glimpse of their real nature.

• AnneB
    AnneB

So people with degenerative brain diseases who can no longer 'actively support Jehovah's work' are now of Satan?!!

"Active Support" can include door-to-door, phone witnessing, all those physical things, but it can also include donations. The ones too ill or feeble to turn in time can still turn in cash (credit cards also acceptable in some locations).

For those whose backs are against the wall on the issue of "active support", remember, prayer counts too, and nobody can say you aren't doing it. Sister, are you actively supporting Jehovah's work? Oh, yes, Brother, I pray for the truth to be made manifest in every corner of the world!

AnneB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit