If You Could Choose The Manner Of Your Death...What Would It Be?

by Was New Boy 48 Replies latest jw friends

• watersprout
    watersprout
    going in one's sleep, as an insulin diabetic that no longer necessarily appeals to me.

Is that a risk with diabeties?? Going in your sleep?

I just want a long healthy life, watched my granfather fight for every breath and die in the most horrific way... I would much rather not know.

Peace my sister

• AGuest
    AGuest

Unfortunately, it is one of the possibilities, yes, dear WS (the greatest of love and peace to you!). From heart, kidney, liver, or other "failure." It's an especial risk if one is careless with the dosage/timing of one's insulin intake; however, diabetic coma is a risk, even without being on insulin (and can result from either too much insulin - which results in low blood sugar or hypoglycemia... or too high blood glucose or hyperglycemia). It is not overly common, though, so no need for alarm.

But the general populations' lack of knowledge... and very erroneous assumptions... about diabetes is astounding. And, I believe, highly contributory to the epidemic. Most think it's easily manageable and the "fault" of the diabetic... which results in many diabetics hiding... or denying... their disease. Especially young folks. To their GREAT detriment.

Such is what occurs when we live in a society (such as the "western" world) where non-apparent illness and disease is... well, shameful, even considered worse than murder by some, because the patient "can do something about it"... and run by pharmaceutical conglomerates that make HUGE profits off such illnesses. They're finding out, however, that some of these "preventable" diseases are not only not preventable... but induced. By all kinds of things, including (maybe even especially) many pharmaceuticals/medications. Note the disclaimers on today's drug commercials (MANY now admit "may cause increase in blood glucose").

Peace!

Your servant, sister, and fellow slave of Christ,

SA

• bohm
    bohm

Death by Snu-Snu!

(for the futurama fans)

• watersprout
    watersprout

The greatest love and peace to you! I knew a jw who refused to look after herself and ignored her diabeties... It resulted in her going blind. Not good for an 18 year old... It is a very serious illness and i think more should be taught about it.

run by pharmaceutical conglomerates that make HUGE profits off such illnesses. They're finding out, however, that some of these "preventable" diseases are not only not preventable... but induced. By all kinds of things, including (maybe even especially) many pharmaceuticals/medications.

That really does not surprise me! It all about the ''greed'' and how much money they can make. Makes me sick!

How are you feeling?? Has your diabeties been affected by your surgery?

Peace my sister

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

Drowning in cold saltwater produces euphoria as one dies. Sounds interesting.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Ok, inspired by Mad Dawg's post above, I wish to change my choice from priapism to drowning in a vat of Guinness. Any age. I mean, what could be better than that?

• unshackled
    unshackled

Not this way...

• jgnat
    jgnat

With a fork. In my version, the fork-handler is Canadian, and he doen't call the back-country tribe a jerk.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Successfully helping the helpless.

Or during a daring daylight raid of Fort Knox on elephant back. (Also for Futurama fans)

Either way's pretty cool.

• d
    d

I would rather die while eating a steak with A1 steak sauce.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit