If You Could Choose The Manner Of Your Death...What Would It Be?

by Was New Boy 48 Replies latest jw friends

• sd-7
    sd-7

Dying at peace, surrounded by the heirs to my legacy and knowledge, and in the arms of my one true love.

--sd-7

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Electric Chair! Ac/Dc! High Voltage!

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I used to think a plane crash was the way to go - quick, fast, relatively painless.

Then I was in a plane with 20 mins of severe turbulence. We were hanging onto the armrests, stuff was flying around the cabin, people were screaming......

And I thought, Nope! This sucks!

Now, I'm not sure.

Car accident when I'm asleep in the back seat, I think.

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

Quietly in my sleep, never knowing what happened, like my grandfather.

Not horrified and screaming like the passengers in his car.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

I'd say dying in the arms of the man I love, but that would be traumatic for him lol. I'd want to die in my sleep, not realizing what was happening...Just having a nice lucid dream about my babies...and letting go.

My dad once asked me if I would rather be burned at the stake or beheaded. I told him I prefer a hot steak to a cold chop...

• Was New Boy
    Was New Boy

Why is it that most people choose dying in their sleep.....death catchling them unaware.....

If there is life after death....it would be quit strange to go to bed one night in this reality and then......... and then be dropped into the next

I would like to enjoy the process a little.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

On pondering OUTLAW's always pithy contribution above I will change my preference from cardiac failure at age 97 after a particularly torrid session of lovemaking, whilst smoking a Cuban and sipping a nice old single malt to dying of priapism (at age 97, after a particularly torrid session of lovemaking, whilst smoking a Cuban and sipping a nice, old single malt).

• watersprout
    watersprout

After a long, active, happy, fulfilled, sucessful, peaceful life i would like to fall asleep and not wake up. Going peacefully i think is the best way. No painful, long drawn out illness that has you begging for death. While all your family are their saying their goodbyes and willing you to shut your eyes so your suffering can end. Nah definately going in my sleep is the only for me.

Quite a morbid thread btw! Makes you think though.

Peace

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Fire ants

• AGuest
    AGuest

At an age, under circumstances, and in a manner that will not cause my surviving loved ones too much pain and grief, dear WNB (peace to you!). And while I understand the... ummmmm... "peacefulness" and potential painlessness that some associate with going in one's sleep, as an insulin diabetic that no longer necessarily appeals to me.

Peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA, on her own...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit