Prayers for my daughter, Ali, not a good update

by coffee_black 76 Replies latest jw friends

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

My last update on my daughter was so good...but it didn't turn out that way. She was cleared to go back to work, but with limitations... she couldn't lift more than 10 pounds. Her employer wanted her back but wouldn't agree to the lifting restriction. So there was a delay.

Well, her improvement was not as good as the doctor had thought, in fact much worse. Not much improvement at all. They discovered this when doing the actual testing of the heart. She had developed bronchitis, and as a result of the coughing, one of the leads dislodged from it's place in the heart, and was actually causing damage. In addition to this, her blood sugar is very high...she is type 2 diabetic, and when there is an infection, it causes the blood sugar to go way up. The cardiologist cannot do the surgery until it comes down. The pacemaker has been disconnected, and her ef is very low. She is scheduled for surgery next Tuesday if they can get her blood sugar down. She isn't eating any carbs at all, but that doesn't seem to be helping.

She will be put on the transplant list once the diabetes is under control.

I can't wrap my brain around any of this. I am going to head to Florida...

Coffee

• chicken little
    chicken little

So sorry Coffee Black, do hope that she gets well enough for the operation, much love and best wishes to you all.

Hugs chicken little

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

Im so sorry to hear this.

• zoiks
    zoiks

Coffee, I'm thinking of you as you go to be with Ali, and hoping for the best for her. Thank goodness she has such a great mom!

• whereami
    whereami

Hugs & best wishes Coffee.

• minimus
    minimus

Coffee, I truly hope your daughter recovers. I feel so bad for you and her. No one deserves this. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

• RosePetal
    RosePetal

I am so sorry to hear this Coffee, my family and I will be praying for you and your daughter to make a full recovery and that the operation goes well, I pray that the Lord will give you both the strength to fight on.

Love and best wishes to you and your beautifull daughter Ali RosePetal

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I am so sorry to hear this news and sending good vibes your way. My husband went back to work on March 14th, and although he's very tired when he gets home, at least he's working. He doesn't have diabetes to deal with either, and that's probably what makes the difference. From what the doctors told me the first time he had a pacemaker put in, there are only two reasons for the need for one: diabetes or family history of slow heartbeat. As for the bronchitis, I'm very curious as to whether your daughter is/was on the medication Lisinopril. From what I've heard, it can cause a chronic cough in some people.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Thanks everyone...it helps, somehow.

Jamie, I don't know if she was on it... I'll check though.

Coffee

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Oh dear me what a worry for you. I do hope she picks up soon and has successful surgery.

Loz x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit