What or who is the Faithful & Discreet Slave?

by SexyTeen 25 Replies latest jw friends

• SexyTeen
    SexyTeen

I know that most of you do not believe that the annointed remnant among Jehovah's Witnesses is the Faithful & Discreet Slave.

So who is? Jesus did say that this slave (individual or class?) would be feeding his sheep, so who is doing the job?

• jukief
    jukief

Who cares?

• SexyTeen
    SexyTeen

I do. I am interested in the words of Jesus.

• LB
    LB

What makes you think anyone is being fed these days??? If anyone was being fed would they have to keep changing their minds on topics???

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Yo-yo,the faithful and discret slave is something you don`t give a shit about.Otherwise you would`t be on this board.Have you called AlanF or Skipper yet?...OUTLAW

• SexyTeen
    SexyTeen

LB:

Well, Jesus did mention it. I understand what you are saying and I am not saying that the annointed are the class that make up the faithful & discreet slave. I want to know if anyone is doing the job that Jesus described.

• Intuit39
    Intuit39

Great question!

If you read the parables in context, all in a row, you get the impression that he meant any of us as individuals. Each of us are given gifts and talents, so how do we use them to help our neighbor and, ultimately, to make the world a better place?

To answer your question succinctly: you are.

Love & Peace

• rem
    rem
    I do. I am interested in the words of Jesus.

Too bad he didn't write them down himself. All we have now are some crazy gospel accounts written years after the events supposedly happened by people who had never even met him. So how do you really know what the words of Jesus, if he in fact exisisted, really are? How do you even know a literal Jesus really existed?

rem

"We all do no end of feeling, and we mistake it for thinking." - Mark Twain
  • Kenneson
    Kenneson

If the "faithful and discreet slave" belong to the Watchtower Society, where were the anointed before Charles T. Russell? And who was feeding his sheep until then? Or were there no sheep until Russell?
    If so, why did Jesus bother to come the first time?

• SexyTeen
    SexyTeen

Kenneson:

I'll try to answer some of those questions. In the first century, all christians were anointed, from then to Russells time, there must have been some anointed doing Jehovahs will.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit