What or who is the Faithful & Discreet Slave?

by SexyTeen 25 Replies latest jw friends

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

The FD and S are fed on the flesh of the sheep. Caretakers, they're not.

If their counsel was based on helping people rather than pharasaic rule, then maybe good things would be happening in the world of the JW's.

ashi

• ianao
    ianao

to jayhawk: Please notice the question "What or who is the Faithful & Discreet Slave?". These are the same leading questions that are used in the ministry to phase the householder into a receptive mindset.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Easy Peasy Sexy Teen,

The faithful and discrete slave was the subject of a parable by Jesus. That's it, nothing more, nothing less.

Tortuous and specious reasoning by a certain organisation tries to make more of it so as to excercise control over it's members, but I am quite confident that you are too intelligent to be taken in by such a despicable ploy.

Englishman.

Truth exists;only falsehood has to be invented. -Georges Braque

• sadiejive
    sadiejive

It has been my understanding that the FDS mentioned in Matt 25 is a message directed to any of those in position of leadership to Christ's followers. Not limited to those in just one particular organization or church, but applicable to the proclaimers of Christ as a whole.

Sadie

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

I believe intuit39 has the right answer.

Jesus seems to be making the point that we all have gifts and resources at our disposal. We must make as much as we can of them.

So, the answer then is, "you are".

• Englishman
    Englishman

Intuit39,

Best answer so far. I agree.

Englishman.

Truth exists;only falsehood has to be invented. -Georges Braque

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Anyone interested should search the web for "faithful and discreet slave." There are a number of responses to the Watchtower position. One might wish to begin with http://www.geocities.com/WallStreet/7209/slave.html

If there was a faithful and discreet slave already in existence at the time of Russell, why didn't he consult it rather than go on his own?

• metatron
    metatron

This doctrine of 'who is the faithful and discreet slave'
    is THE STUPIDEST OF ALL WATCHTOWER TEACHINGS. You can't any dumber
    than their moronic view of the subject.

Jesus was asking a rhetorical question - to motivate his
    disciples to be faithful and discreet.

Who is the faithful and discreet slave? ANYBODY THAT IS FAITHFUL
    AND DISCREET!!!!!!!!!!!!! duh!

If you find any Witless who disagrees with this,
    ask them:

Are you unfaithful?
    Are you a fool?

If the answer is no to both questions, then they are
    BY DEFINITION, a faithful and discreet slave!

metatron (duh! again!)

• Skeptic
    Skeptic
    I do. I am interested in the words of Jesus.

Ah, and do the words of Jesus tell you to lie? You have lied several times on this forum...and you are really bad at it!

Stacie/Stacey, please explain how at the age of 17 you cannot spell your name right? The error you made was not a typo; and NOBODY spells their name by a different variation.

Your response to the initial question on how you got your name wrong was that you were a dumby. To be that dumb at 17, someone would have to wipe the drool from your mouth. So, how is it you can write so well for a 17 year old, but cannot figure out what your name is?

You claim not to post on the weekends, yet you posted several times last weekend....yes, you did say you would be at your uncle's this weekend..funny, you forgot to tell WindRider that in the other thread.

That's OK. Jesus lied too.

Stacie/Stacey/Yoyo, why don't you just claim to be MPD?

Richard

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Hello Sexyteen Stacie
    Dont worry if some prefer to doubt your honesty , lets lok at Mathew 24.

There are several charecters two men vs 40 ,two women vs41,a housholder and a thief vs 43. We do not identify them today.

As has been said, Jesus was asking the question "Who is? could be read as "Will there be a f & d slave ?"

I also wonder whether the W T has made more of this verse than Jesus really meant us to take from it.

of course this also pre supposes that we are living in the last days as described by the W T . There is loads of info on here that de bunks the calculations to 1914 date. Then all you have is rather subjective viewpoints on the "world conditions" think carefully before accepting that. Compare with your own observations of history , is today really worse? We should compare ,not with a world that we would like to have, but rather as it has always been.

Just some thoughts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit