The big bad "worldly" person

by roxanesophia 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vachi 8 He Is
    Vachi 8 He Is

Hell with that! Hop in the DeLorean and punch it to 88. A truly loving god would not care who you associated with because assuming the bible is correct he created all things. Good, bad, cold, heat, up, down, left, right, B, A, select, start......everything. He wouldn't label you. In the world of absolutes there is no right and wrong, there is only IS. All this about what religion is right....god could care less as evidenced by his not getting involved. I'm a witness....a Jevachi's Witness. Nothing is true, EVERYTHING is permitted.

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

Welcome roxanesophia.

There are some very nice people who are Jws. You have friends in the sect yourself!

There are people who I miss, who are really nice. They are not all nice, and unfortunately, because of human nature, often the less nice ones, driven by ambition, get into positions where they can dominate the really nice "sheep", who like sheep follow along meekly.

If you say today, I'm not really interested, I'm not coming to the memorial, how long will it be before your friends are discouraged from seeing you?

How will they respond to that? What will happen to them if they "disobey?

This is all serious food for thought.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

what's wrong with clubbing?

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

Hello J.Hofer.

I dont like clubbing personally.

I've never been able to figure out if its just my nature or a result of the indoctrinisation I received.

• suenott63
    suenott63

Talking of Sheep I read an interesting study that concluded that sheep were highly intelligent as individuals but as soon as they joined the flock that intelligence disappeared. so exactly what happens to JWS then

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

Is your study conductor one of your friends, or is it someone else?

• Ding
    Ding

A non-JW in a Kingdom Hall is like a customer at a car dealership.

If you're ready to "buy," they're happy to have you.

If you're talking a long time to "buy" but are genuinely interested, they'll put up with you.

If you're just kicking the tires, they wish you'd just leave.

• rebel8
    rebel8

^perfect analogy.

• roxanesophia
    roxanesophia

LostGeneration: Maybe i'm mistaken and love bombing is exactly what i am being subjected to by some -
    "WHEN ARE YOU GETTING BAPTIZED?"
    -WHEN ARE YOU GETTING BAPTIZED?"
    -"WHEN ARE YOU GETTING BAPTIZED?"
    -"WHEN ARE YOU GETTING BAPTIZED?
    -"HI, HOW ARE Y- WHEN ARE YOU GETTING BAPTIZED?"

That question gets fired at me like grenades. Except I'd rather the grenades.
    But I'm sure it's a loving thing!

Wasblind: There are a lot of good people in "the truth." And I know that scripture well. A friend of mine opposed to the JW's says "We know them because they're the ones out there in suits in 100000 degree heat." Hahah. I haven't met many bad JW's so I believed that "look at the fruit the tree produces" scripture for a while. Then i realized there's people out in the world who i recognize as Jesus' people because they radiate goodness. But they've never stepped foot in a kingdom hall so they're obviously not a chosen one. Jesus never said his people would all be found in one religion. Can't tell them that, though.

Anewme: You're correct and when i do come across one that isn't very welcoming, my friend, who is also my study conductor, says "Well we're not perfect." Well, neither are the people out in the world they condemn so often. No, you're not perfect but you should be pretty damn close, especially if the whole aim is to be above the worldly people. I've watched a CO draw on the board a graph and the line for the standards of the worldly people was at the very bottom of course and he drew a line right at the top saying "This is where we are."

Danabug & Idrnomo: I can see why they're cautious, and that illustration and what the WT says is fair. But automatically assuming someone is bad isn't fair, either. What happened to the teaching: God draws people to him. If I'm in there, according to what I've learned studying JW literature, I'm obviously considered "worthy enough" by God. As for trying to get close to the opposite sex, or something: Well there's zero temptation there! But i hate to think thats what the myriad of single young brothers in there are thinking. I'm friendly... i guess that can be misinterpreted. And I suppose even if they did like me, they're not really allowed to pursue an unbaptized one, anyway, so I should probably expect them to keep their distance if thats the case. It's just pathetic when a guy who spoke to me before has stopped when my intention was never romantic. It was a friendly chat. Now we;ll make eye contact, but he won't say anything. Is it possible an elder could get in his ear about that? Only thing i can think of is we were laughing a lot and i guess i cant put it past someone to dob on us, lol. I'm not upset he doesn't talk to me anymore because i'm romantically interested in him, but because he's just become really cold and i dunno how someone goes from making you feel comfortable to being like that.

Keyser soze: HAHAHAHAHA. That was good! I do like what I'm learning but because Im not baptized they haven't got a firm grasp on me yet. So your comment both amused and scared me.

fallen_princess: That is really sad to keep two people who are in love, a part. Thats a huge problem i have with JW because thats a doctrine designed by men, not God. And the idea of dating/marrying into it, and being under the watchful eye of the elders and everyone else really doesn't appeal to me. I dunno if i believe it's a destructive cult, but that part does nothing for their "we're not controlled" argument.

Vachi 8 He Is: Awesome! I totally agree... God made everyone. I'm a little worried about becoming a JW in fear i develop that judgmental attitude of "its cold out there in the world and warm in the kingdom hall." like I've heard said on the podium before. Which is BS because my KH is fricking freezing. LOL.

jean-luc picard: Agree, completely. My friends are wonderful but i do feel their friendship is conditional. Infact the other day one of them said to me: "Jehovah is testing you right now. You've gotten rid of your worldly friends (which i have) so you're not with them anymore, but you're not really a part of us..." Well, that just says it all. Also, I was told that the memorial actually resembles a satanic ritual of denying the body and blood of christ. REALLY!? That makes me not want to go, and i can't find anything on it. I don't call people's insane theories, proof, and thats all the internet has to offer. Has anyone heard that one before? My friends in the truth would FLIP OUT if i dared to ask that.

InterestedOne: Yes, she is.

J. Hofer: The funny thing is i'm a dancer, not a drinker, nor drug user. But since they don't talk to me they have no idea that going out was completely innocent. All the worst has been assumed. I'm practically a freakin' saint. I have a hard time believing every young person there is not living a double life, either. Ha, I'm probably cleaner than a baptized one. Thats what makes it so ridiculous and amusing.

Ding: Makes sense. Thanks for sharing that. Definitely makes it clearer. I was genuinely interested until i came here and got an idea of how it really works behind the scenes. I haven't seen evidence of wrong doing or severe control in my congregation. I've had INCREDIBLY nice elders. But mixed messages, i must admit. I expressed to two different men the fear of losing my family because they're worldly with ZERO interest in JW. One said:

"You won't lose your family. A lot of people still associate with their families who aren't in the truth."

Another one said:

"But you'll have a new family. You won't even miss your other one"

Ok, that was a little unsettling.

Thanks SO MUCH for the warm welcomes and all the comments. I had to reply to most individually, as you can see. So much great input. You confirmed my suspicions, definitely. I really was working towards baptism but I'm not so sure anymore. Before this board, i had no idea how many flaws were in the religion. Like an ideal JW, I questioned nothing. I dunno, regardless of how much i love the bible, the lord and teaching people something that helped me A LOT, (I have to be thankful to the JW's for that) if i can really go door to door spreading something that isn't actually "the truth."

• Resistance is Futile
    Resistance is Futile

It's a family-destroying doomsday cult. Have you been to jwfacts.com yet?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit