Why not fire the god who bears a grudge and hire a better one?

by Terry 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• streets76
    streets76

Actually, a goddess with an out-of-this-world vagina sounds fine by me.

• Terry
    Terry

It does seem that people who adopt a god, find one that suit their needs. Nice people have a nice god. People who like many words adopt a verbose god with a long name. Those that place great emotional value on belief in god, have an emotional god.

There are an awful lot of people with flimsy gods. But, they are beaming with enthusiasm anyway.

Have you ever attended a Passover Seder? A place is set for "Elijah". Yes, an empty chair and place setting!

Jews aren't the only ones who do this. Christians MENTALLY do the same.

They set a place at the dinner table for their god and eat every meal conversing with the empty chair!

Amazingly, they eagerly invite us to these meals and want us to hold conversation with that empy chair as well!!

I don't want an Empty Chair God!

Why settle for that?

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

How about firing every god and get our head out of our arse? Yeah.

• trevor
    trevor

NomadSoul That would be much too sensible - and what would we amuse ourselves talking about?

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Well when you put it that way... We can keep a few to amuse us, I vote for.... the Goddess of Fertility, she's a good one! Oh Wait, that breaks one of the OPS rules. Mmmmmm...

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    What kind of God are you looking for?

I want one that provides tangible rewards for worship rendered. Such rewards include, but are not limited to:

1. A self cleaning house.
    2. One million dollars on my dining room table in cash every year. I'm not greedy. It's understood that the money is tax free, of course.
    3. A few hot women whenever I'm in the mood. Their vocal cords should respond to my TV remote "mute" button.

W

• startingover
    startingover

Tammy,

Can you see the son without the bible?

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    It does seem that people who adopt a god, find one that suit their needs. Nice people have a nice god. People who like many words adopt a verbose god with a long name. Those that place great emotional value on belief in god, have an emotional god.

Excellent point, Trevor. And I actually chuckled a bit about the verbose god part.

• tec
    tec
    Tammy, Can you see the son without the bible?

I didn't know about him without people telling me first, or reading about him - which is still people telling me about him in a written witness account.

I, personally, needed to know about him, before I could get to know him.

Tammy

• Vachi 8 He Is
    Vachi 8 He Is

I'm on it! *clears throat*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit