What is Jehovah's Will Today?

by SexyTeen 55 Replies latest jw friends

• SexyTeen
    SexyTeen

I have a quick question: What is Jehovah's Will Today and who is doing it?

• indireneed
    indireneed

Although I do not espouse any religion, my personal opinion is that if there is a god, and he is interested in our affairs, then his will is that we find our own place in the world and learn how to become 'more evolved' socially, or how to perform better as humans.

My thoughts are that it is ridiculous to assume that there is a god who 'demands' things of us. If he simply wanted peons who would obey his commands, he would have simply created them with superior knowledge. Why would he create beings that he feared would end up in rebellion . . . what's the point.

I believe that god is too big to understand, and that humans by definition, cannot understand him. Certain portions of all religions reflect him, but do not really understand him.

If there is an afterlife, great. I don't think what we do destroys or betters that - but we must learn. If there isn't an afterlife, quite honestly I'm happy to have a life, no matter how short. It is a gift just to be alive.

• jukief
    jukief

There is no Jehovah, so he has no will. No one can carry out what doesn't exist.

• Celia
    Celia

You ask a question, but don't tell us your opinion on this. Why?
    I agree with Indireneed to some extent.
    His will, if there is a God, should be found in the Bible, no ?
    That's the only place such a God is talked about.
    And why do you ask "Today"... His will does not change over time, does it ?

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Al Qaeda have a good shot at the title, I think.

Expatbrit

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

a/ If there is no god, then it doesn't have a will

b/ If there is a god, it either likes us being confused, as it's will is the source of great arguement that could be solved very easily, OR, it is so far removed from pathetic human ideas of 'god' as to make every religious book look like it was written by a moron.

Whoops...

c/ Jehovah's Will is a brother in Seattle, who in addition to being called William starts every answer he gives in the meetings with "Jehovah's will... ", and thus gets called Jehovah's WIll, today, yesterday and tomorrow...

People living in glass paradigms shouldn't throw stones...

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

I don't think anyone can answer that question. It is personal and you must answer it for yourself. I suggest finding the answer through education, research, study, meditation.

• ianao
    ianao

A more important question: Who is Michael Malin, and what happened to the face on Mars?

Add.:

You MIGHT be in a cult if:

You ask everyone else what is on God's mind instead of asking him yourself.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Yo-yo,Did you call AlanF or Skipper yet?...OUTLAW

• SexyTeen
    SexyTeen

Instead of starting trouble, why don't you try answering the question and help me understand what is the will of God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit