Mr. Falcon Asks......What's so bad about boxing?

by Mr. Falcon 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• streets76
    streets76

Ali knocking out Foreman -- what a spectacle!

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

Ali knocking out Foreman? Don't you mean Ali murdering Foreman?

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

Vachi, all those things that you mentioned make up the "spirit of the world".

you know what else makes up the "spirit of the world"? Sofia Vergara. nuff said.

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

As someone that's competes in fighting on a regular basis, I can say that boxing is not violence.

Granted I'm not a boxer but a martial artist that competes all the time. I love fighting (sparring) with other competitors. When two boxers or any other fighters compete against each other it's usually with the upmost respect. They fight each other to become better at their sport.

If I don't spar with other karate practitioners I can't get any better at my sport. I need someone to challenge me to step up my game. I've walked away from a sparring session with blood on my gi and a busted nose. And I can say I've had the time of my life.

I would have to say the same applies to boxers.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I used to be a huge fan, even when I was a JW. The sport has simply lost its luster. All of the different weight classes has diluted the talent pool. And there's too much red tape to cut through to put together fights that people actually want to see. The fact that there are no quality heavyweights anymore doesn't help, either. The sport has become all but irrelevant.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Oh, and I love all the Mike Tyson Punch-Out references. I was so addicted to that game when I had my Nintendo.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I used to box when I was younger, western boxing AND Muay Thai.

I dabbled in MMA for a bit but I was already retiring from competition so it was never a big priority for me.

I love one-on-one competition and fighting was just soemthing that I craved.

Boxing, Wrestling, Judo, Muay Thai, Kyokushin, I competed in all of them and had a blast ( kyokushin being the most challenging).

Fighters tend to have the upmost respect for each other and outside a few a-holes, that respect last during and after the fight.

Fighting is a very primal thing, it works on a very base and intense level, no other activity is quite like it, it is an entitiy onto itself.

The countless hours and pain in trainng aside, most of it solitary, when you wak to the ring, climb through those ropes, face that person that has trained, that has sweated and bleed, just like you, knowing thathe is there to beat your ass and you are there to beat his ass, but you are there for far more than that...it is a very selfish and solitary thing, it is all baout YOU and HIM and no one else and it is Pain, pure and unaulterated pain.

And you feel it for days, weeks sometimes and you wouldn't want it any other way.

Boxing, full contact Martial arts, are not for "normal" people, they have never been and never will be.

And that is a good thing.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

The fact that there are no quality heavyweights anymore doesn't help,

this is true. Many times you tune in hoping to see a good fight and are forced to watch two scrawney mexican guys whose names you can't even pronounce duke it out.

hey keyser, you can get an emulator for your computer for free. Play Punch-Out and see if you still "got it." Do it for Mickey.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

The fact that there are no quality heavyweights anymore doesn't help, either.

LOL, there's Klitschko, and everybody else who all shall remain nameless.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

yo Misery.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit