Mr. Falcon Asks......What's so bad about boxing?

by Mr. Falcon 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jay88
    jay88

All my mother's brother(JW's) would come over and watch tyson in his hayday.

and who here, will not be watching the pacquiao/mayweather fight if it ever happens?

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

and who here, will not be watching the pacquiao/mayweather fight if it ever happens?

Man, I'm gonna be struggling bruh!!!!! I already have to force myself to turn off the average Showtime Boxing After Dark specials, and the MMA recasts, especially when Anderson Silva is fighting. I want to see the Pacquiao/Mosley fight. There's a side of me that feels that there's a possibility for an upset, but Mosely doesn't have the speed like he used to. I see Pac winning by decision.

• jam
    jam

Love boxing, Love the guys that enter the ring with their favorite

tune playing, dancing down the aisle, pumping his fist. He get into

the ring with tassels on his shoes, outrageous trunks and hair due.

He is yelling to his opponent. The bell ring, within 3min he is lying

on the canvas, knock the hell out. That,s funny..

• jay88
    jay88

Mosley stifled mayweather in the second round, if he can get to pac in the first 4 rounds, he might have a chance.

If I was a betting man I would put my money on Mosley(a small amount of course) just because the gain on the risk would pay out well.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

I can't watch boxing or UFC.

It makes me cry.

That's okay, Palm. You can stick to jell-O wrestling.

Morbidz, I've heard that stuff too about gladiator fights. Unfortunately, there is a big difference between scoring points in a rough competative sport and actually BEING PITTED AGAINST ANOTHER MAN IN A FIGHT TO THE DEATH.

J. Hofer - What exactly does the new book say regarding boxing?

dgp - Although I don't agree with your ethical standpoint on boxing, I do see where you're come from and respect that.

pika_chu - well said haha

undercover - you're right. It's amazing how things vary from elder to elder. Some go overboard and "strain out the gnat".

misery - God = Tyson, world = Robin Givens

unshackled - it is sort of a secret pleasure of mine. I love watching the Friday Night Fights. Occasionally you get some good matches. I broke out a NES emulator recently and tried Punch-Out..... couldn't get past the second Piston Honda. Fail.

• jam
    jam

Pacquiao knocks out Mayweather in the 7th round. I have

to agree with misery, Mayweather speed will be A factor.

• jam
    jam

Sorry guys I ment Mosley will be knock out in the 7th

• unshackled
    unshackled

Hagler was robbed right?!?!? I still get angry over that fight till this day.

Of course I didn't think so when I watched when I was young. Leonard being the fan fav, and his flashiness, made an impression. Watching it years later, it was clear Hagler controlled the rounds for over 2 mins...only to have Leonard steal the end of the round with a flashy display. It actually was a good strategy...it worked on the judges.

somewhere around when Tyson got knocked out for the first time

I remember when my friend told me Tyson was KO'd by Douglas. Didn't believe him...there was NO WAY. Also recall going to the bar to watch fights with JW friends, that was back in the Holyfield/Bowe days.

Mosley stifled mayweather in the second round, if he can get to pac in the first 4 rounds, he might have a chance.

Mosley is going to get a beating from Pacman. Did you see him against Sergio Mora? That fight stunk up the joint. And unfortunately I don't think we'll see Pac/Mayweather. Floyd don't have the cajones to risk his precious little undefeated record.

• Inkie
    Inkie

Mr. Falcon:

Perhaps you might consider what is written here at Psalm 11:5

5 Jehovah himself examines the righteous one as well as the wicked one,
    And anyone loving violence His soul certainly hates.

The question follows: Do you think that boxing is "violent." If not, enjoy boxing. If yes . . . you decide how you should "think," "feel," and/or "comport" yourself with this knowledge of Jah's thinking, which is said to be "higher than man's thinking," yes? Would someone's "loving violence" classify them as "righteous" or would it classify them as someone "wicked"?

But that's up to you to decide for yourself.

--Inkie

• Terry
    Terry

Boxing is the purest game of human nature on the planet.

It distills the competition down to violent science.

Everything that raises us above the animals is inherent in creating the sport as an atavistic template of how far we've come.

The synechdoche of survival of the fittest in the human equation is writ large in the ring.

It is the only sport I love.

Boxing is two consenting adults proving or holding irrevocable disproof of the reality of their own self-belief.

If only religion were as definitive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit