A Subtle Factor That Keeps Witnesses Silenced

by freemindfade 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Exactly what "onthewayout" said...

All it takes is someone to state the obvious or raise the question.....

• Half banana
    Half banana

FMF, I have to be controversial, it is of course true there are a great crowd (to borrow a phrase) of JWs who are non believers. But what evidence is there that HQ are aware? They have always droned on about the spiritually weak, is there a significant change now?

I feel the GB members are earnest in their delusions, I think they would be horrified to know the reality. The response to finding this out would be a big witch hunt to denounce and chastise the “dead wood” within their ranks. If we see such in the WT then we’ll know they have learned.

One of my closest friends is outwardly a JW, but hates the religion, it sickens him, and he feels he has wasted his life in the cult but remains for the sake of family peace.

So I have asked him about others in his situation and he knows others in the same boat but here’s the problem: to speak to others is to cross a line and open the can of worms which leads to disfellowshipping, which would be worse than the status quo.

I would be very interested if there are other non-believing JWs who can openly speak to fellow non-believers or doubters in their own or other congregations. If they can do so, it would be possible to develop an underground network leading to a rebellion and mass exodus that could be the beginning of the end of the organisation.

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom
    I agree with HB, I’m not so sure that the GB is really that aware of what people are thinking at grass roots. And having been out for 35 years I have no idea either. But the only congregation I have any connection with now is that of my sister, and those that I know there all seem fully “in”. Unless of course, they are putting on a very good act at covering their unbelief.
  • smiddy
    smiddy

That`s a very interesting post freemindfade ,and i think you have hit the nail on the head with this one .

You might be onto something here.

smiddy

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Half banana & ultimate axiom.

I don't take it as controversial to disagree, we aren't in a kingdom hall ;)

Think about this for a moment. Do you believe the jw hq visit all the apostate sites? I do. Some of the things they say and issues they attack I belive they do.

Would they ever conduct a witch hunt that would in affect admit they monitor sites like this? I doubt it.

Also, consider all the halls reporting back to big brother. The BOE to the CO, and the CO to HQ. They know what's going on. If a spirit of fading is going on they get it. If you used to get lots of hours and comment and now you don't comment, you put in 2 hours a month but no one sees you out and so forth. They will see a trend. In those of us that fade to the point of inactivity they definitely see that in numbers as plain as day.

I think they know there are a good number of dissenters in the ranks. But to keep control. If you say anything, your out. Just some thoughts. Thanks for disagreeing and thanks to the forum where we can freely express out thoughts

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

HB: One of my closest friends is outwardly a JW, but hates the religion, it sickens him, and he feels he has wasted his life in the cult but remains for the sake of family peace.

That is a wasted life.

It's bad enough for a person to be imprisoned by this belief system, but once they've become aware that it's a high-control, authoritarian cult, to willingly remain is spiritual and emotional suicide.

It takes courage to stand up for what is right. It is a shame for a person to allow their personality to be crushed by another.

• flipper
    flipper
    Very good thread. I had doubts for years from 1989 on - and didn't exit finally until 2003 out of fear of reprisal from my fanatic then JW wife. I kept my doubts to myself for fear of being turned into the elders or that my JW family would shun me. Which to a good part happened ANYWAY after I left in 2003. LOL. However- by the time I actually exited the JW cult I had fortified my mind and built up my strength of conviction AGAINST the WT organization in realizing I was doing the RIGHT thing in exiting a criminal organization . So I understand the timidity of JW's not speaking out loud against the WT Society - they feel they'll lose everything
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    The more that leave, the more will realize they can leave.
  • flipper
    flipper

After seeing the HBO Scientology documentary, it's striking how similar it is to the Watchtower. The rat-fink mentality and shunning policies are the only things that keep the membership in. The creeps at the top know it.

Confronting JWs with all the scandals going on usually causes them to parrot the latest preemptive damage control put out by the Watchtower.

Maybe a better way to make them actually think is to ask what percentage of the membership would stay if the shunning policy was discontinued for real.

Mrs. Flip

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Flipper

I agree. I just wish the RF eyes were open to that. Their little security blanket of "followers" would be ripped away.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit