A Subtle Factor That Keeps Witnesses Silenced

by freemindfade 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• flipper
    flipper
    Another important topic that needs to be bumped up and kept in the forefront in order for JW's and non-JW's to understand the power of WT mind control and how destructive it really is
  • Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy
    I had doubts for years but would only say things to my husband about it. When I finally started researching after reading many books on other cults and seeing how they are just the same in many aspects I couldn't continue to go to the meetings because I started having panic attacks whenever I walked in the hall. It does take courage to walk away from everyone and free yourself from their destructive mind control. I will never regret walking away because it was taking a huge toll on my health. I understand why some stay but it has to be very hard on them mentally and emotionally to continue week after week playing the WTBTS's game. I believe they would lose a lot of members if they did away with their shunning policy, it is the only thing that keeps a lot of them in.
  • leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly
    Much of this has to do with intimidation tactics. Notice the word "timid" is in intimidation. One invokes the other.
  • cofty
    cofty

Very good OP thank you.

If only there was a way of breaking the silence.

It reminds me of the gay rights movement in the 70s. Everybody thought they were alone until those who were willing to come out reached a critical mass.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit