June 1st public WT - Does God Have an Organization?

by LostGeneration 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mythreesons
    mythreesons

I can hear it now, "see son!!!! This answers EVERYTHING!" My folks will tell me that just looking at the title and not even reading the article.

Oh dear! LOL

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Here is Tom Cabeen's article "Does God Work Through an Organization?"

http://www.caic.org.au/jws/organization/godorg1.htm

Pretty much shows the WT is blowing smoke up everyones you know what

• Perry
    Perry

Jesus said it all as far as I'm concerned in Mark 9:

And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us. 39 But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me. 40 For he that is not against us is on our part.

Why was this man empowered by God and he wasn't even known by the Jerusalem Organization? ... imagine that.

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

Marked, because of Blondie's awesome research. Thanks!

CoC

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

My desk drawer is 'organized' but I don't attribute this to proving God works thru' an organization.

Wordplay. Logical fallacies and other propaganda techniques!

You could prove God lives in a currant bun using out of context Bible citations if you wanted to!

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Perry just nailed it.

Jesus said it all as far as I'm concerned in Mark 9:
    And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us. 39But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me. 40For he that is not against us is on our part.
    Why was this man empowered by God and he wasn't even known by the Jerusalem Organization? ... imagine that.
  • Mad Sweeney
  • wobble
    wobble

KJw53 said " Jesus said he appointed the faithful slave over his domestics" No He did not.

In the parable in Matt 24 v45-51 he says the unamed master did the appointing, read what you like in to this, but Jesus made no explanation of this parable, why not?

Because it was obvious, to his listeners, as it should be to us, he was just illustrating, in verse 45-47 the kind of person a true Christian should be, and in verses 48-51 what a false "brother" would be like. The slave is the same person in each part of the parable,( "if that slave should)" it is up to Jesus' disciples as individuals to choose whether they will be a faithful or evil slave.

That is what he is plainly talking about, not some "class" of person living 2000 years later, no this was for those who had asked him, right then in the 1st century, and like it or not, it is just a parable, not a prophecy.

Back on topic why on earth would God need an organization on Earth ?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Jesus was also speaking in the past tense in part of the verse, indicating that it already happened.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit