June 1st public WT - Does God Have an Organization?

by LostGeneration 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Anyone read this yet? More of the same cheerleading and self-worship of the JW organization.

On page 14, they even pull a few quotes from the bible, but not their own! That of course is because when Freddy was writing his version of the bible, he forgot to put "organization" into the text, so now they pull a few quotes from these sources to justify worship of "organization!

For example, Titus was assigned by the apostle Paul to Crete “to get everything organised there.” (Titus 1:5,

The Jerusalem Bible ) And Paul wrote to the Corinthian congregation that some brothers possessed “powers of organization,” or were “organizers.” (1 Corinthians 12:28, The New Testament in Modern Speech; The Bible in Contemporary Language ) But who was responsible for such order? Paul said that “God compounded,” or “organized,” the congregation.—1 Corinthians 12:24; The Riverside New Testament

• sd-7
    sd-7

Clever bastards! It is odd that it's generally not called God's church or God's congregation. I think this type of thing calls for a New New New World Translation, if you have to go outside of it to find the word 'organized'. Armies are organized. Big deal. What's that got to do with anything?

Who dares to stand before the might of Brooklyn and Patterson? To stand before the uniting of the two Watchtowers?

--sd-7

• blondie
    blondie

So what organization was there:

a) Adam and Eve were only 2 people on earth

b) When Enoch was on earth

c) When Noah and his family were on earth

d) During Job's time

e) During Abraham's time

f) During Isaac and Jacob's time

g) During Joseph's time in Egypt

• sd-7
    sd-7

I've actually read an article where Noah's family was referred to as a "family organization". So I'm sure they've got all implausible angles covered, Blondie. [Shaking head in disbelief]

--sd-7

• Ding
    Ding

Jesus did not join "God's visible organization," the Jewish leaders; he opposed them!

Paul didn't go to Jerusalem to be appointed a missionary by "God's visible organization," the apostles.

Instead, the Holy Spirit called him and Barnabas directly while they were at Antioch (Acts 13).

Jesus called Paul independently on the road to Damascus; Paul didn't confer with any of the apostles to get instructions (Galatians 1:16).

In fact, Paul had to publicly oppose both Peter and men sent by James from Jerusalem to Anioch (Galatians 2:11).

In CoC, Ray relates that Fred Franz gave a talk in which he emphasized these very points.

Ray wondered if Fred realized what he was saying because -- while it was true -- it totally undermined the WTS' claim that the first century Christians were organized around one central GB authority.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Blondie, I have never thought about that. Why didn't he create like 100 couples to start off with. That would have been much closer to what his purpose ending up being.

-Sab

• sd-7
    sd-7

At the risk of sounding like....uh, Ben Linus, [cue dramatic Lost music] "Who says he didn't?"

L O S T

• sd-7
    sd-7

That means...the Other Bible, about the Other 99 couples who were created, has yet to be written...ha ha!

--sd-7

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I hate these articles, but at the same time I'm glad they exist because it reveals the concerns that the powers that be in WT land are concerned with. These bulletpoints are especially curious. I love how they define what the criteria is to be with no other point of view other than their own. They're correct in their understanding, well because they said they were, and thats good enough for them.

How can his organization be identified? Consider the following criteria.

1. True Christians are organized to accomplish a work. (Matt 24:14; 1 Tim 2:3, 4) Jesus commmanded his followers to preach the Kingdom good news to all nations, a task that would be impossible without and international organization. To illustrate, you can easily feed one person on your own, but if you have to feed many thousands, even millions, you will need a well-organized group of people whose efforts are coordinated. In fulfilling their commission, true Christians serve "shoulder to shoulder," or "cooperate in [God's] service." (Zephaniah 3:9; Byington) Would a multinational, multilingual, multiracial work be possible without a unified, harmonious organization? The answer is obvious.

2. True Christians are organized to support and encourage one another. A lone mountaineer can decide where he wants to climb, and he does not have to look after less experienced climbers. However, if he as an accident or gets into difficulty, he will be in serious danger, as there will be no one to assist him. Isolating oneself is truly unwise. (Proverbs 18:1) For Christians to carry out Jesus' command, they must help and support one another. (Matthew 28:19, 20) The Christian congregation provides much-needed Biblical instruction, training, and encouragement for all to keep going and not to give up. Where would one go to be instructed in Jehovah's ways if there were no organized Christian meetings for instruction and worship?- Hebrews 10:24, 25.

3. True Christians are organized to serve God in unity. As Jesus' sheep listen to his voice, they become "one flock" under his leadership. (John 10:16) They are not scattered among independent churches and groups; nor are they divided over doctrinal matters. Rather, they all "speak in agreement." (1 Cor 1:10) To dwell in unity, we need order, and order requires organization. Only a unified brotherhood can have God's blessing.- Psalm 133:1, 3.

Genuine love for God and love for Bible truth have drawn millions to an organization that meets these and other Biblical criteria. As an organized and unified body of people, Jehovah's Witnesses worldwide endeavor to do God's will. They are assured of his promise: "I shall reside among them and walk among them, and I shall be their god, and they will be my people." (2 Cor 6:16) This wonderful blesing can be yours too if you worship Jehovah God with his organization.

• Ding
    Ding

Consider nature as counterexamples to the WTS' claim.

Did God organize all the world's ants under one head ant, or are there millions of independent colonies?

Did God organize all the world's bees under one head queen bee, or are there millions of independent colonies?

Likewise with all of nature that lives in groups or collectives...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit